ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its a sad day....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My bro's not long moved out and bought himself a house so has been toying with the idea of selling his scooby for sometime...well last night he finally bit the bullet and sold it! :dapprove: We both went for a final blast and i must say its an awesome car. Anyone who has the view of scoobies of them just being chav mobils etc really have to go in/drive one them make theyre opinion. Yeah sure they do understeer a bit but thats easily sorted and its nowhere near as bad as people make out. The only way to describe the acceleration is visious! He had it just over 2 and half years so me and him both grew quite attached! lol! Bearing in mind i was 19 when he used to let me borrow it, i loved it! As you would! Just hope the new owner loves it as much. Oh for the record, the guy that bought it was a 30 year old normal guy....not a chav. ;) lol

ebay169.gif

The engine bay after the rebuild -

api.gif

The whole car was immaculate!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very very nice. How much did it fetch? If you don't mind me asking?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A shade under 7k. But as said, i've never seen one in this condition. And it had a full rebuild about 7k ago. Was running 310bhp.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
310bhp???? Fook me! mine was standard and went like the clappers, that thing must have felt mental!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah dan was rapid! The bloke that bought it had a uk scoob and he couldnt beleive the difference! His words were " I knew they were quicker but f**k me!" with a massive grin his face....lol

Turbos.
How much of an issue is insurance with the imports though?

I might change cars at 22, i was thinking of getting a UK300 (with PPP) edition as it has the best interior, then just whack on a STI spoiler so it looks good. I would get a cheaper import but will the amount saved be spanked on insurance?

Vee dub
I see loads of chavved up impreza's in Bristol... but to be fair that thing sounds quick... not my cuppa on the looks.

What's he getting next Tom? fair do's to the house move... we've all got to do that at some point!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nice car and impressive figures for it too :)
He'll miss it. There are a few Scoobs in Cumbria, only a handful of P1s though and the closest to where I live is about 40 miles away, and 1 22B that I know of. Not really chavy either, to be honest. Like you say Tom, you have to drive/own one to fully appreciate what they can do.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tom i've seen a couple of doggy old skool wrx's in the centre but never any decent STi's? Not to say theyre not there though...

Scutch - yeah was a very impressive car. He had it mapped after the rebuild by someone APi recommend. Apparently theyre the best around and the only people that can map a scooby whilst moving? He said he was blasting it down a/b roads having to hold it at cetain speeds/revs whilst a guy was in the passenger seat with a lap top doing all kinds of magic..lol Did say it was dodgy though....he had to hold it a 7k in 3rd down a country road at one point!

Neil - Aint that the truth! lol!

Oh because he's bought the house he's put some of the money into that. He's saving again now though and has some money already..He was tempted to buy a **** pulsar but i've swayed him. He's decided he want idealy wants a STi Type R in steel blue. :)