ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Throttle bodies sausage filter

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Since I now have more room in my engine bay thanks to the smaller rad, I'm looking at replacing my current air filter setup as it's a wee bit scabby due to it rubbing against the standard radiator with the standard fan and air con fan, the air con bit is relevent as it pushed the whole rad system back towards the itbs.

I am looking at the ITG sausage filters, but I have a question that I couldn't find the answer to when searching or on ITG's site itself.

Pretty much which one do I need from ITG? The question really that I have is the base plate, does it come pre drilled with the velocity stack holes or does it come as a blank where I have to drill my own?

The reason I'm going for the itg one is the current one slips down the stacks, which is only a problem now since I have alot more room and also I would like to mount my air temp sensor into the base plate to make it alot tidie, as I don't want to drill into the velocity stacks at all if possible.

I just thought I'd ask before I give them a quick call tomorrow so I have as much info as possible, although this whole post could be a a bunch of total dumb ass questions.

ITB'd MK1
dont know if ITG do a dished backplate, but you need enough depth to clear the 90mm trumpets, which is you were using the pipercross sausage, would mean a 50mm dished backplate. They come as un cut blanks so you need to do a fair bit of cutting and measuring

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Ah right, cheers for the info Danny, although I was hoping it was going to be pre drilled as it's not the kind of tools I have lying about unfortunately.