ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itg panel filter waste of money?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi was looking at these are they worth the outlay,any change in noise etc thanks

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Noise of induction is louder. But in regards to performance nowt.
better to get a panel filter in stock box and take the pipe off that's under it.

Listerine & Poledo
Louder doesn't mean better.
Unless we're talking about your mum in bed, of course.
a foam filter panel isn't going to make your 4-pot Clio sound like an exotic overnight. Indeed, it won't do much at all.
A more cost-effective solution would be to pull the air-feed hose off the side of the airbox, then cut massive holes in the lower portion of the airbox itself.
You can probably get a 2nd hand airbox for less than a panel filter too.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I didnt find it any noticeably louder. I wouldnt recommend it - it comes coated in nasty sticky brown oil (like most foam filters) that gets on your hands (wear latex gloves) but will also leave the nasty oil on the sides of your airbox. I didnt feel any difference in performance. I would be getting a fatty filter if you want the nice noise or just stick with your standard airbox and filter.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks spent the 50 quid on front brembo discs and pads instead,sounds a big waste cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
What about the k'n'n panel filters they any good as only got a standard filter in mine?
Just keep the standard. You will never notice a difference the gain if there is one which isn't guaranteed. I bought one for my first ever car and was so disappointed with it. Better to spend you money on something else or save it for a rainy day.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Are they worth it? It depends on how long you intended to keep you car.

I put one in my 172 Cup at 2,500 miles, it was still in there at 90,000 miles. How much would I have paid for paper filters at every 6k service in between?

Yes, they're worth it.