ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Maxogen vs Standard Airbox with ITG and Valve Removed

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
I've got an ITG Maxogen system fitted to my Trophy. I also have the standard airbox with the ITG panel filter and the acoustic valve removed. I'm tempted to sell the Maxogen and I was wondering do they think there would really be any noticeable difference between the 2 other than the noise...

I'm thinking a couple of BHP at most which would be near impossible to tell from driving.

182 cup
I doubt you will be able to notice the difference if you went back to standard. Some say it is the best setup and it probly is, value for money wise.

I run a K&N cone because of the sound it makes!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Why not just test them back to back, I'm sure if there is a difference to be felt it will be noticeable.

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
Why not just test them back to back, I'm sure if there is a difference to be felt it will be noticeable.

I was halfway through swapping it out and it started pissing down.... so in the end I couldn't be arsed, think i'll leave it :)

Ph1

In theory that would only show whats best on a stock unmapped engine. Like any breathing mod, they perform at their best when properly set up

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
In theory that would only show whats best on a stock unmapped engine. Like any breathing mod, they perform at their best when properly set up

You would get more gains off the maxogen on a mapped engine granted. You would also need to give the ecu time to 'learn' the new air flow so it can adjust fuelling accordingly

Ph1
You would get more gains off the maxogen on a mapped engine granted. You would also need to give the ecu time to 'learn' the new air flow so it can adjust fuelling accordingly

You just disconnect the battery to reset the ecu.

Maxogens are good due to the enclosed design and the fact they draw the air supply from the coldest part of the engine, infront of the battery. Probably been flow tested too?

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
My car has been mapped with the Maxogen Fitted as well at RS Tuning so tempted to leave it on now... was going to sell it for some cash for xmas.

320d
Just get a ph1 172 or espace v6 airbox and run it without the air feeds. Gives you plenty of noise and gives gains over a standard airbox, hence why JMS sell the kit.