ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Maxogen Induction Kit

I know this has been up in similar posts before having searched back, just wanted ppls opinions on the itg maxogen carbon induction kit? Looked at it on the ktec website, expensive yes, but worth the money?!
Also whats the noise level like? My mates got an itr dc2 and has recently got an a.e.m induction kit for it, and it sounds wicked. Made me jealous really!

RS Clio 200
sound is awesome.... its worth it if u do other mods too and tie it all together wit a custom map

VaVa
I got mine in a group buy for £300. More than happy with it, but a sad don't buy one and expect it to single handedly change the wa your car drives.

It's a lot of money, but it is a complete kit. The silicon hose with breather pipe would set you back £60+ on it's own..... And when you look at it like that it's not much more expensive than a Viper etc....

Audi TT 225
You'll see far better gains from a manifold match and for less money.
Closed induction kits are a lot quieter than your open cone flavour.
This is a problem in the RS engine bays because its so close to the engine and so little room in the bay an open cone would suck in all the hot air and possibly loose power... but it would sound nice

Turbos.
Just to let you know i am sorting a group buy on VX220.org.uk so if you organise one too maybe it could be joint, so we can save a few dollar.

clio 182 (05)
was thinking of getting 1, but after a bit of research it seems they are very poorly made and some garages wouldnt supply them as they keep getting them bak due to ''falling apart''
i have decided to go with a viper instead but dont have it yet

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
WTF?!!!!

Mate, a Maxogen plops from a great height on a Viper...... they really are poor, and i've had both.

M2 Competition
Eyyy?

Maxogens are much better made than vipers. Bought a viper, and tbh i thought they were a bit mickey mouse for the money they are.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Small filter, (smaller surface area than standard panel filter!) the end kept falling off mine. Gives the car flat spots, and has shite filtration. All this and not far off Maxogen money

182 inside
viper is more is a week at disneyland where as the itg is in a world of class.
Viper gives good gains but nothing better than itg box apart from throttle bodies.

R

rich[182]

Really don't buy into this 'Maxogen build quality / kicks ass' lark
The filter itself is £50 from Merlin Motorsport, the inlet hose/bend is prob £60ish so your paying £260 for the heatshield, what can possibly go into the construction of this heatshield thus you could say it's got good build quality, surely it's a one piece casting
Every install I've seen picks it's cold air up from the engine bay and not down near the acoustic valve lower opening too
£375 for a just the Maxogen or £375 on decat, ITG panel filter, AWT CNC manifold all inc fitting ;)

VaVa
On top of the filter you have the carbon fibre enclosure, aluminium spinning to connect to the silicon hose.

Like I said, mine was £300. I wouldn't pay full price for one. But for £300, and what you get, they are a far better package than anything commercially available.

Plus, I already have exhaust, inlets, fuel pressure regulator.............. next is remap.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
depends if you have removed the accoustic valve first..... i had so about 20mins..... if not around an hour? Depends how handy with the spanners you are :)