ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG/KTR panel filters?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Itg, there won't be much more sound from standard but if you remove the cold air feed, it'll make it slightly louder. Obvs not as loud as an induction kit.

172cup
Both are OEM shape and serve the purpose. You eont see any gains only advantage is that both can be cleaned saving money in the long run. I have the itg and tbh now id go with the cheaper pipercross or get an induction kit purely for the noise as you ll only see 1-2bhp differnce each way.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I went for K&N as i've used them in previous cars and had no problems. Makes sense really as it doesnt need changing only cleaning.

ITB'd MK1
ktec filter is made by pipercross. Pipercross filter is dyno proven to be less restrictive than the ITG (which is normally blocked solid with the thick nasty retention oil they use)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
ktec filter is made by pipercross. Pipercross filter is dyno proven to be less restrictive than the ITG (which is normally blocked solid with the thick nasty retention oil they use)

Did not know that. Learn something new everyday. Still pipercross over ktec own

I just fitted a KTEC (pipercross) panel after hearing that the ITG was more restrictive.... Has made no difference as far as I am aware, but I did have a fairly clean standard one in before.