ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Items Needed

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have no idea about detailing and what products do what due to having crazy names like dodo juice Purple Haze.

Im looking for the following items to give the car a small winter going over.

Shampoo
Wheel Cleaner
Clay Bar & Lube
Polish
Wax

The only thing i know to get is Iron X to take out all the small iron deposits around the car and i also have Tar & Glue Remover already.

Cheers

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have no idea about detailing and what products do what due to having crazy names like dodo juice Purple Haze.

Im looking for the following items to give the car a small winter going over.

Shampoo - AF Lather
Wheel Cleaner - Bilberry
Clay Bar & Lube - Lube can be diluted QD such as Demon Shine, clay in my experience doesnt matter which make. I'd go mild though if you're not machining.
Polish - AF Tripple
Wax - Consider a selant? If not, dependant on budget. Mid range, Carbon.

The only thing i know to get is Iron X to take out all the small iron deposits around the car and i also have Tar & Glue Remover already.

Cheers

My personal preference

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Only thing I would change is the wheel cleaner, I'd go for AF imperial tbh.

if your not that interested in doing it all the time have you thought of getting the AF samples kit? Comes with everything bar clay and Iron X

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't need all that! Especially not the wax!

Order the sample kit from autofinesse.

It has:

Wash: lather + citrus power

polish: Tripple

sealant/wax : tough coat

trims and plastics: revive.

Ideal thing to get imo and you may get a cheeky wax sample in the box;). Good to get a feel for a few products at a decent price, and move on from there..

Im new to this detailing stuff and its what i ordered (yet to use) . There is so much variety and opinion its a mine field.