ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB's without removing the slam panel

Monaco
What's the best way to achieve this. I know it's possible but have found very little information on it. There's no way I'm fitting pins or aero catches. Ideally I'm looking at the K-tec bodies with gen90 ECU.

I found this picture in this thread which looks very tidy:
DSC_8598.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Smaller trumpets will mean lower torque and power over all.

if it was me if me I'd be getting a spare bonnet and aero catches and run without a slam panel with the correct size trumpets.

If you're going for ITBs in the first place then why would you even consider sacrificing some of the power and torque just to keep the slam panel and not have aero catches?

Makes no sense to me.

Unless you are really against the catches for some reason.

Does look tidy in that photo though must admit. But I went for the longest trumpets I could to make the most out of the kit.

You want to spend £2,000+ but then go for shorter trumpets and lose a few bhp/lbsft when you gain little in the first place. Madness.

Butcher your car and do it properly. Bonnets and slam panels are pennies to replace.

330i. E30 Touring.
You want to spend £2,000+ but then go for shorter trumpets and lose a few bhp/lbsft when you gain little in the first place. Madness.

Butcher your car and do it properly. Bonnets and slam panels are pennies to replace.

This man knows.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate has angled bodies. Same length, no decrease in power/torque and kept the slam panel. I'll try and find a pic...