ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB Throttle Pedal Travel

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I've got a Jenvey 70mm single throttle body and the throttle pedal travel seems to be excessive to fully open the butterfly. The cable is correctly set up with minimum slack.

What's the throttle pedal travel like on ITB cars?

I've looked to see if Jenvey do any other pulleys to change the required cable movement to fully open the body, but there's nothing listed anywhere. Obviously the other option is to lengthen my throttle pedal to give the illusion of a pivot point change which would give me the extra leverage/travel required.

I figured I'd field the question here to see if anyone else has come across the problem and how they got round it.

Steve

I've got a Jenvey 70mm single throttle body and the throttle pedal travel seems to be excessive to fully open the butterfly. The cable is correctly set up with minimum slack.

What's the throttle pedal travel like on ITB cars?

I've looked to see if Jenvey do any other pulleys to change the required cable movement to fully open the body, but there's nothing listed anywhere. Obviously the other option is to lengthen my throttle pedal to give the illusion of a pivot point change which would give me the extra leverage/travel required.

I figured I'd field the question here to see if anyone else has come across the problem and how they got round it.

Steve
With my ktec itbs it was long mate tho u only had to set ur foot on it to go

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
standard travel is REALLY short if you compare an electronic throttle pedal to a cable one. can make a cable feel long, but it's fine

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Cheers lads, it's the same throttle body and pedal that I had on my last set up so I've used it plenty. My big gripe is that to open the throttle fully the pedal needs to be set quite high other wise you hit the floor. On track it's fine but when cruising on the motorway etc... And only using small throttle openings it leaves your foot/ankle at a really uncomfortable angle.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
True, but I was gonna risk a trip round Europe and the Nurburg in the summer so would like it as bearable as possible