ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB Filters - What do you have?

53 Clio's & counting
As above, can anyone with ITB's tell me what filter they are running;

Socks?

Sausage filter?

Gauze(sp) filter?

Plus any other

Also whats better in your own opinion?

Only ITB owners please, standard filters/induction kits need not apply (No offence)

53 Clio's & counting
Thats what I thought matey, iv got a sausage filter on, just interested to see what everyone is using :)

I have a flat gauze filter too that came with the bodies, that Iv been using whist iv been testing it, I love the noise but im not sure its going to be great on filtration?

340i
steal a pair of your Mum's tites?

Any pics of your set-up... that will give us a better idea of what to suggest ;)

53 Clio's & counting
lol how did I know that one was coming ;)

Iv never seen the flat filter used before, id use it over a sausage filter as it takes up a lot less space but as said im guessing the sausage one will give better filtration?

Also is foam the best or is anyone using something else?

HBT 172 Cup
a 30mm Deep fibrglass backplate with the PiperX C603D Sausage filter with 90mm internal height gives 120mm total internal height.

SO gives the 90mm trumpets 30mm of "breathing space" inside the filter, fits spot on :)

n782290363_6558829_6389804.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Im trying out Ktecs new itb sausage filter, im lacking space so not having to use a back plate is a god send

53 Clio's & counting
socks suck balls!

Lol straight to the point there Fred ;)

What do you think is best fella?

Bearing in mind im running low on space with 90mm trumpets lol which is why iv got Ktecs filter as its not fixed so i can move it about if needs be.

Also on that, do i need to leave space in front of the trumpets or is the filter ok to sit up against them?

ITB'd MK1
you need to leave room between the filter and trumpet. For a start it will rub through the filter if you dont, secondly, ITB Trumpets take air primarily from the side not the front, which is why individual socks aren't great

53 Clio's & counting
Whats the best amount of space? I guessed if pressed hard they would rub through, i was meaning if there were quite close would it be ok, i wrote my post wrong lol

ITB'd MK1
it's actually hard to say what is BEST. 30mm should be about right, but being really fussy and spending time experimenting with the distance (and mapping at the same time to see if there's imporvement) can get you nice extra torque, as the filter can work as a baffle

53 Clio's & counting
Sweet, thats roughly about what il have but il make sure its played around with when it gets mapped, cheers.

Whats the opinion on the flat gauze filters then? I hardly see them used, are they bad?

53 Clio's & counting
Yup, one came with the bodies so iv used it while doing a bit of testing, i didnt think they were great as i only tend to see them on older race cars so im guessing filtration isnt one of their strong points lol

182cup & 172 racecar
it's actually hard to say what is BEST. 30mm should be about right, but being really fussy and spending time experimenting with the distance (and mapping at the same time to see if there's imporvement) can get you nice extra torque, as the filter can work as a baffle

Thats why we were told to get our set up,leaves 40mm air space,loads of torque.

Was Evo7, Now ITB 182 :)
I'm looking for a filter for mine at the moment, not had the car long and it's come with piper x socks (unfitted) and I was thinking of getting a sausage filter instead.
One thing tho - the trumpet inlets are right next to each other - like a piece of paper or two thickness apart so the individual socks wont even go over if I try, even tho they look to have been on at some stage.
I haven't seen a sausage filter in the flesh yet - will it overcome this by fitting over them all in one rather than indivdual holes in one big piece of foam???

ITB'd 172 POPTART
The individuals go on easy enough. take one bolt out and place the next one on. the swing away from each other so its easy enough and creats a workable gap.

Was Evo7, Now ITB 182 :)
Cheers guys, i will loosen the trumpets off to get the socks on for now before I suck a small animal in! lol! then get a sausage filter ordered