ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It just looks so dull..

Yamaha R6
2006_clio_renaultsport_2.jpg

*shakes head with disapproval*

Ziel Nurburgring
Yeah, but its not his fault hes had to play 2nd fiddle to alonso all season. ;)

Cup trophy mild seven telefonica will be the one to get.

RB 200 Cup!
the cars rubbish - when i have saved up a bit more money im gonna buy an 05 plate 182 not this new crap

al

ST on the way...
blink172 said:
Yeah, but its not his fault hes had to play 2nd fiddle to alonso all season. ;)

Cup trophy mild seven telefonica will be the one to get.

Lol!

Bit dissapointing, I was comparing the 172 cup spec with this last night and it looks like the gearbox is even shorter

6th gear in the 197 is shorter than 5th in a 172!! Whats all that about?!?

Top speed is less too!

BMW M3
almaz said:
Lol!

Bit dissapointing, I was comparing the 172 cup spec with this last night and it looks like the gearbox is even shorter

Top speed is less too!

Yeah... i noticed the ratios too. What the hell !!??? I want a 6th gear for chilling out on the motorway, and i thought the 5th gear in my 182 was bad enough.

Worked it out at around 75mph at 4000rpm... no thanks. Isnt that 1.2 territroy?

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
almaz said:
Lol!

Top speed is less too!

i think its because the extra weight and the lower bhp/ton the gear ratios have been adjusted to give a quick acceleration time like that of the 172/182.

i cud be completly wrong but i makes sence in my head???:S

to be honest i cant see it doing 0-60 in 6.9secs and the top speed is very disapointing to!

Lee

BMW M2C
This is more like it.

On any decent hot hatch 6th gear is there so that they can pack the rest of the ratios closer together. The Pug 306-GTi 6's 6th was no longer than 5th on most cars, the same for the CTR though not as obviously.

Attachments

• signed.jpg
    signed.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 115
  BMW M3
I understand that they would want equal or better performance then the 172/182 but surely thats possible with making 5 short ratio gears and then a long 6th for cruising...would make it so much more refined and comfortable.

5 short for fun.....then into 6th to relax. Simple. No?

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Justin182 said:
Yeah... i noticed the ratios too. What the hell !!??? I want a 6th gear for chilling out on the motorway, and i thought the 5th gear in my 182 was bad enough.

Worked it out at around 75mph at 4000rpm... no thanks. Isnt that 1.2 territroy?

RR of the tyres is bigger so more MPH per rev i would imagine..

BMW M3
EVOgone said:
RR of the tyres is bigger so more MPH per rev i would imagine..

So surely that even worse...

197 has 17's and does 75mph at 4000rpm in 6th

182 has 16's and does around 82mph at 4000rpm in 5th ( I think)

Hope its got good sound proofing

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Justin182 said:
So surely that even worse...

197 has 17's and does 75mph at 4000rpm in 6th

182 has 16's and does around 82mph at 4000rpm in 5th ( I think)

Hope its got good sound proofing

Also it has more revs in the higher gears 500rpm..7.5k limit apose to 7k currently..

BMW M3
EVOgone said:
Also it has more revs in the higher gears 500rpm..7.5k limit apose to 7k currently..

As fun as they are to drive... renault dont seem to understand that occationally we want to relax and not be bouncing off the limiter all the time..lol. Just thought they might try to make it more of a motorway cruiser but obviously not.

I like the looks, nothing wrong with a bit of subtle styling imo. If you like big spoilers, stickers and body kits then maybe you need to be looking at Subaru's or CTR's etc. All Renault Sports look relativly tame in appearance which to me is a plus, if you compare the 172/182 to other hot hatches - CTR, VXR, Focus RS etc they arent in your face. The older I get (25) the less I like Evo's, type R's and Subarus styling... I dont know but I think I would feel a little silly getting out of a pimped up super mini with a whale fin stuck on the back.

al

ST on the way...
Think it's the colours that spoil it really and the way they've made it look NOT like the concept.

No more clio's for me!
Has anyone got a pic of the concept, can't remember what it looks like, i know it was better than the crap they've decided to sell!

Black 172 MK2
the first picture looks slightly photoshoped or is it just me?? i prefer the concept but the normal one no!!! i had a red one following me earlyer and it looked shite imo

I would say wait for the Cup, but what are they going to remove in terms of weight and financial cost? Unless they go real hardcore and remove the back seats I can't see what they can do, it already lacks a spare wheel!

E90
ukaskew said:
I would say wait for the Cup, but what are they going to remove in terms of weight and financial cost? Unless they go real hardcore and remove the back seats I can't see what they can do, it already lacks a spare wheel!

Ahhhh but what you forget young man is the fact that all other clios are made out of lead and wrought iron, when compared to a cup's super featherweight carbon fibre, and the engine is std, in a cup version it would have super secret squirrel nitrous injection and pistons made from conflict diamonds, and run on special fuel, to help give it the 100 extra hp it would have over a std one, and it would have the suspension from Alonsos formula one car, and be able to lap yr average track at least 30 seconds quicker than a std full fat one, obviuosly like all previous cups it would hammer an FQ 300 evo on the "twisties" Apart from that, pretty much the same as standard really.