ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It’s a write off!

10mph :eek:...................my sister was going faster than that when she ran into the back of a car in a Fiat and didnt do that much damage...................youve been more than a bit unlucky eh :)

Cya Stu

R26

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 18 March 2005

That looks pretty knackered for 10 mph - I bet the car you hit was undamaged..
Couple of stress marks but virtually untouched. Big Golf Vr6.

R26

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 18 March 2005

unlucky mate, at least you get to choose another car, why not a valver or williams
Only 18 mate so insurance will be a buggar.

Just realised though my car was group 10!

How does 3rd party work in higher engine cars?

Gutted :( - ur car looked v smart whan I saw it last weekend. Oh well, look forward to the new one then.

Cant believe thats all it takes to write off a Y-reg clio though! Scary!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

gutted mate, hard to get over i know. really sihte when stuff like that happens.

hope you dont get bumped off insurance wi a balls settlement figure

R26

Was only a 1.2 16v Sport. As I say group 10 though!

Got a £4000 setlement from the insurance so cant really complain.

Got My Ice and all that out as well.

500bhp Scoob

I guess just for the word Sport on the model name, it bumps it up 7 groups...

WTF?! something definately not right there

A good tip for the future is not to drive as close to the car in front , and remember the brake is the pedal in the middle. PS did the air bag go off and what did it feel like

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Rob N/W on 20 March 2005

PS did the air bag go off and what did it feel like
Bloody horrible.

Hit the back of another car doing 60, bloody air bag nearly broke my nose. But a sore nose was the only injury I had, so god bless seat belts and air bags.

I wouldnt have thought it would be a GRP 10 car, unless they have moved it up groups cos of alloys, ICE etc, but they usually just add them as extras, never heard of it increasing groups.

Edit - Gutted, seems pretty harsh for 10MPH.

The Beast MK4

Unlucky mate, damage in crashes really is unpredictable if that was done at 10mph. Hope you have more luck with the next one. :D

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 March 2005

its a group 3 NOT a group 10
Yeah

A VTR is only group 7 and a Zetec S is 8. 1.2 16v is group 3 im sure

Some insurance companies have their own rating though. A Cup is group 9000 in my company which means basically we wont insurance it cheaply to anyone under 60:)

Gutted for you mate but £3.5k is more than 60% of the cars value so they would write it off. Make sure you get all its worth!

Insurance : Got offered fully comp insurance £408 via Arnold Clark (Renault) on 182, Without using my NCB as this is being used on another policy . Applies to anyone over 31 and you can have upto 9 penalty points