ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iSunk

Audi TT 225
Jumped in my mates pool last night whilst pissed at his pool party forgetting that I had my iPhone in the pocket of my swim shorts lol. :(
I remembered about it whilst in mid-air and had a bit of a "Nooooooooo" moment before plunging the little fella to its death.
It died within 5 seconds with all s**t coming up on the screen.
I immediatly put it in the airing cupboard and left it for 12 hours but still no life in it although externally it doesn't look too fucked (no water behind screen etc.)

Do you think I can send it back and claim it just stopped working or will they immediatly know what happened and tell me to f**k off? I didn't take insurance out on it..

I'm on the o2 contract with it so I'm gonna have to get a new one or I'm paying for a s**t contract for a normal phone..

R53 Cooper S
haha.gif

330Ci M Sport
the k800i i had had a white sticker on the internals and the battery which turned red when wet...or apparently thats what happened, peeled mine off n sent it back and i didnt get questioned about water damage...no help for the iphone i know

2014 Focus Titanium
Yup, when it goes the repair centre they check for any signs of rust on the circuitry or any signs of other water damage. Basically if u dont have insurance ur knackered!

Formally Clio 182
Yup, when it goes the repair centre they check for any signs of rust on the circuitry or any signs of other water damage. Basically if u dont have insurance ur knackered!

Serves you right for wasting £250 on a phone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
try an ultra sonic cleaner.

take the phone apart if possible and put it in a ultra sonic cleaner. solves alot of water damage in phones

Golf GTI 1.8T
Gutted.

My mum washed her 2nd nano today, the one which she got last year for xmas which had 'DO NOT WASH' engraved on the back of it! lol
She's well gutted.

lol! you could always get insurance and then claim next week !?!?

Illegal.. fraud but..

Eveyones a winner!

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
do the above, whos goin to know!! just check the insuranc first, as one i had in the past didn't cover water damage!!
if you bank with lloyds, and you have a select account you get free mobile insurance!!

CS Dungeon
do the above, whos goin to know!! just check the insuranc first, as one i had in the past didn't cover water damage!!
if you bank with lloyds, and you have a select account you get free mobile insurance!!

He can just say he has lost it, if he takes out the insurance ;)

Then stick your damaged one on ebay as 'just stopped working'.........I bet you'll get £100 for it :)

Clio 1.2 16v

Then stick your damaged one on ebay as 'just stopped working'.........I bet you'll get £100 for it :)

it's the way forward!

Audi TT 225

I like your thinking :cool:
Have ordered insurance now. Now I've gotta wait.