ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ISTS (56k dont even bother lol)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Got my first press pass of the season and went up to Silverstone on Sunday of the ISTS. The main drifting event was located on Stowe circuit on the infield and it wasnt bad. I shot loads of pics and video and not had a chance to go through them yet, so now doubt expect more pics and a video when i get round to editing the footage.

cheers
James

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

LY R26
excuse me do you have any pics of skylines? :p

pics look great

that first one is a beast, shame the guy was a pansy on the track

Homo spec mazda
1.jpg

Jamies skyline <3

Actually looks like quite a good show, the track looks a bit more useable then FCS.

Cupra
Are these with the 70-200 & the converter? Very nice shots.

Are you able to post a link to a 100% shot taken with the converter? I have just bought a 70-200 and was thinking of getting either the 1.4x or the 2x but have read mixed comments about image quality and autofocus performance having a significant drop.

I used to have the sigma 70-200 with a sigma 1.4 converter and the quality and AF was good. 2x is not worth it IMHO.

Cupra
Good to hear that the quality and AF were still good. I have seen quite a few people who prefer the Sigma/ Tamron converters over the Canon ones too. 1.4 will always be better quality, but 200-280mm just seem like a decent enough jump for a couple of hundred quid.

With 21MP there is always room for cropping afterwards too of course. ;)

Choices choices.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yes mate, all the track stuff was on the canon 70-200m F4 with a kenko DG x1.4 teleconvertor. cant get any pics up at 100% as im at work but will do later mate. Performance doesnt suffer too much

Oil Burner
The 70-200 TC's really well, i shot nearly all weekend at BTCC and BSB with a 1.4x on.

If you want to have a go with a 2x then drop me a PM

1.8 Civic EX
nice shots!

has the second pic been shopped? the DOF looks a little fake for some reason, around the rear spoiler I mean. It looks like the rear spoiler should be a little out of focus but it isn't....maybe it's just me lol

Cupra
yes mate, all the track stuff was on the canon 70-200m F4 with a kenko DG x1.4 teleconvertor. cant get any pics up at 100% as im at work but will do later mate. Performance doesnt suffer too much

Cheers. No hurry on the shots, my pockets will be empty for a couple of months before I can get another purchase in. Thanks!

The 70-200 TC's really well, i shot nearly all weekend at BTCC and BSB with a 1.4x on.

If you want to have a go with a 2x then drop me a PM

That is really kind of you to offer, thanks! Sadly, I am over in Holland, otherwise I would pop over to a track sometime to find you. If ever you come to shoot at Zandvoort, give me a shout. :D

Oil Burner
That is really kind of you to offer, thanks! Sadly, I am over in Holland, otherwise I would pop over to a track sometime to find you. If ever you come to shoot at Zandvoort, give me a shout. :D

Haha, well if your in the UK in the next few weeks let me know and i will mail it to you for a weekend or something.

Just got a new 430 flash and i only have 2 AA batteries in the house, i cant even test it... fail.

I see this post has been judged to be motorsports not photography, until another mod judges it to be photography again.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I really like your shots.

I was either get into drifting and buy a late 200sx s14 or a Clio 182 and get into trackdays.

Sometimes i wander if i made the right decition.

Cupra
Haha, well if your in the UK in the next few weeks let me know and i will mail it to you for a weekend or something.

Just got a new 430 flash and i only have 2 AA batteries in the house, i cant even test it... fail.

I see this post has been judged to be motorsports not photography, until another mod judges it to be photography again.

Awesome, I won't be over until the summer at least. At your rate, you'll have sold it all and have something else by then.

A few more photography posts and it'll get moved back again.

Oil Burner
Awesome, I won't be over until the summer at least. At your rate, you'll have sold it all and have something else by then.

A few more photography posts and it'll get moved back again.

Yup, it will be gone in the next 2 weeks i hope. But i'm sure we can arrange something if you want to try the 1.4x. Just let me know the next BTCC or BSB round your at.

More poke than viagr
Cheers mate, that last pic is amazing!! :D

Wish i was good at photography lol :dapprove:

LY R26
it was all matt black at last years show!

Gallardo is much nicer and the one id rather have.

any more pics of the track?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
unfortunately the only track session i caught was when the gumball cars were out on it, other than that i was mainly stood in the middle of the field for the drifting buddy.

i still have a load more pics and video to sort out so will no doubt stick up some more stuff

cheers
James