ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Isofix base in a 172

monaco 172
Hey guys.

Got a little un on the way so am looking at options for a child seat.

I didn't think that a 172 had isofix but apparently it has? Wev also got a mk3 1.4 Clio and all the seats are clearly labelled up with little isofix tabs so I know it's got it, bu theres no such tabs on the 172 ph2.

Will a standard maxicosi isofix base fit the 172?

Monaco 172
Great

Anybody ever attempted to actually fit a rear facing car seat in the back of a 172?

Yes. We did it mate. Not the hugest amount of room for the front seat passenger but it's not too bad really.

we had this beast when she was rear facing - Britax Romer.

71z4Uh7T2-L._SY355_.jpg

monaco 172
Buy a bigger car or get a 5 door lol.

Ive used mine a couple of times and it's just an ass.

Lol, we are getting a 5 door for her so chances of needing to put the baby in the clio won't be that often to be fair so I'm reluctant to get 2 big cars if I could make do for the odd time with the 172

Monaco 172
Buy a bigger car or get a 5 door lol.

Ive used mine a couple of times and it's just an ass.
Lol, we are getting a 5 door for her so chances of needing to put the baby in the clio won't be that often to be fair so I'm reluctant to get 2 big cars if I could make do for the odd time with the 172

Yeah my 172 isn't our family car, but it's fine to use on occasion! it'd be a right pain in the hoop to use all the time.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Agreed, sod it being the main car but we used to use my RB for a lot of family trips when it was the 3 of us. And we all enjoyed it, daughter loved "Daddys race car" although the exhaust droned too much really.

Monaco 172
Agreed, sod it being the main car but we used to use my RB for a lot of family trips when it was the 3 of us. And we all enjoyed it, daughter loved "Daddys race car" although the exhaust droned too much really.

My daughter is exactly the same!! "Can we take Daddy's car pleeeeeeaaaasssseee?"

monaco 172

Haha.

That's my second worry, the decat non res ktec stealth is a tad loud lol. Think i may have to buy a centre section for it.