ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Isobar Bolts, how do they come out

Full Fat 182
Anyone got a good solution to get these out? Tried smashing wrench with mallet and sprayed bolt with GT85 but still won't seem to budge!

Attachments

• isobar bolts.png
    isobar bolts.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 75

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Spray the threads with all sorts of s**t. They are located in the triangles where the spring pan is I think. When undoing mine I had to undo 2 turns tighten 1 turn to clean the corrosion from the threads.

Full Fat 182
this one mate? (hidden in the shadow, flat bottom) This is the one I'm spraying... don't seem to be having any joy. Will persevere if this is the right one

Attachments

• bolt isobar.jpg
    bolt isobar.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 55

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Take the back seats out and use a socket and breaker bar. Forget the ratchet. They're rusty as hell!

Full Fat 182
ok well I've given up for today, its not essential. Will buy a breaker bar soon and try again. They really are little knunts those bolts!

PH2 172
Anyone got a good solution to get these out? Tried smashing wrench with mallet and sprayed bolt with GT85 but still won't seem to budge!
Take it to a local independent garage and give someone a drink to wizz it off with an air gun and a six sided socket.
Isobar bolt? I`ve never heard that term before,looking on google,you appear to have created it yourself?

Full Fat 182
Take it to a local independent garage and give someone a drink to wizz it off with an air gun and a six sided socket.
Isobar bolt? I`ve never heard that term before,looking on google,you appear to have created it yourself?

oo aye modern day shakespeare! That were a typo, meant Isofix bar bolt. I'm sure I can get it off tomorrow with more leverage. Tyres are getting changed on Thursday so as you say, can always get one of the chaps there to use gun

BG Clio 182 FF
Make sure you put the bolts back in or water will get in. And a bit of copper grease on the threads so you can get them back out if you ever need to refit.