ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this worth it?

Pentax K100D Super body. Pentax 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 SM Lens. Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro Lens. Super Fish-Eye and Macro Lens 0.25X attachments

for £250?

i want to get into photography and dont know if its:

A. worth £250

B. OK for a beginner?

cheers

Nick.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
It sounds like a good deal, however, if you want to get into photography and stay into it, at some point you will have to sell it all and go with Canon/Nikon...(probably) so for that money why not for a 350d or similar?

hmm, could do i supose but im impatiant i suppose and i could pick this up today haha

the 350d's seem to go for about 100 more with a lens etc? (as far as i can see)

not even worth getting for learning with? as tbh, this price im streatching my funds...

cheers for the replys

Nick

Go for it if you like it, it depends if you think you will want to upgrade to high quality gear.

I mean, I use a 18-55, 55-200 and a prime. I have no intention of getting anything else as I am no pro and that set up covers all I will ever need.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
not even worth getting for learning with? as tbh, this price im streatching my funds...

cheers for the replys

Nick

Nope, I got mine to learn on, it was over complicated and awkward to use, definitely not beginner friendly imo. So now, a year later, I am learning from scratch with a canon. Luckily I didn't lose money on that camera.

Go for it if you like it, it depends if you think you will want to upgrade to high quality gear.

I mean, I use a 18-55, 55-200 and a prime. I have no intention of getting anything else as I am no pro and that set up covers all I will ever need.

Prime lenses can be expensive though, for example a 50mm lens is £250 for pentax fit, one recently went on ebay for £200. You can get MF cheap but thats not really practical. Canon/Nikon 50mm lens' are £100 new