ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this wheel fubared or repairable?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
IMG_0376.jpg

Was like it when I bought the car so I just swapped it with the spare and forgot about it.

Easily fixed? Car passed MOT with it on but was noted on MOT advisory as bent.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've just noticed, in the picture, the whole wheel looks a bit squished as pic seems dodgy but it's just the bottom lip that is bent towards the centre of the wheel.

Hmmm, so best to ask around companies to see if it can be fixed then as it doesn't seem definite? Wanting to sell it but rather not if it'll be dangerous even once unbent.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yeah mate, iPhone pic, arm in air while bending over so the wheel face didn't touch the ground, trying to focus and hold my hand still lol

block of wood and hammer a safe fix? sounds very Clarkson lol

alien green rs133
Yeah mate, iPhone pic, arm in air while bending over so the wheel face didn't touch the ground, trying to focus and hold my hand still lol

block of wood and hammer a safe fix? sounds very Clarkson lol

it wont make wheel 100% but it will be alot better than it is, i know it sounds primative but it works ;)

i have a old fella with a laguna on 17's im straightening out his wheels monthly lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
could bending the same bit of metal on the wheel effectively twice (once when the damage was done)

not screw up the strength of the wheel??
making it more likely to buckle??

just a thought, really dont know whats what when it comes to wheels.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
^ strength of the wheel was my main concern, but most of that bit of the depth of the rim is straight I think. Will see if I can get better pics tomo.

Will get my hammer out and see what I can do too!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
^ strength of the wheel was my main concern, but most of that bit of the depth of the rim is straight I think. Will see if I can get better pics tomo.

Will get my hammer out and see what I can do too!

it should hold fine iv seen alot worse tbh and ones with hairline fractures in . alloyss are pretty soft anyways so can take a beatin to some degree