ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the right exhaust hanger?

Hi guys

I just bought a Magnex for my ph2 172 but the ehaust hanger doesn't line up with the hanging points on the back box?

Does it look right?

Thanks

1013d304.gif

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks to be partly correct, seems someone has bodged a rubber mount into the old hanger.

Standard should look like this -

41cHplLyR0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks J, I couldn't figure out how it connects to the back box though, it has 2 hangers one goes into the original mount but this one has no where to go ?

PS. I'm only in Potters bar and worked in Elstree for four years, just down the road from you :)

Bought one already, standard though it'll be fine :)

I will come up :)

So, seeing as your the only one replying can you tell me if that bracket is facing the roght direction or if its been bent?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Keep your eyes open in the south east meet section will pop it up in there next time I head up.

Another bodged example but shows how it should look -

Photo0089.gif

Thanks mate appreciate it but thats not the bit confusing me lol, its the longer arm in the pic below

8fd7dbfd.gif

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ah got you, my guess (and it is a guess as I'm not familiar with this system) is that the metal bar needs a bit of adjusting.

and this is the exhaust the bracket came with, its the after market one im confused about not the factory one

The hanger ive highlighted above in red doesnt line up to the inboard one on the back box

83c66d3a.gif

SQ5
The longer arm is a separate bracket that came with Magnex systems. That one is fitted wrong though, needs to point to the rear.

Danny, just the answer ive been looking for, the seller promises it came off his 172 but I cant see how. Any ideas, or do you know which part of it is wrong?

If I undo it and flip it over it sticks out, the cars on the ramp waiting for a downpipe anyway so I will look first thing, does it look right though just needs flipping?

Thanks for your help, appreciate it

SQ5
Yea just needs flipping.

Was it pushed all the way back as your hanger in that photo isn't. If not just cut it an inch shorter!