ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the new Twingo RS?

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Maybe already posted, but couldn't find it.
Not sure of the first pic, but 2nd and 3rd defo I think

Attachments

• twingo-rs.jpg
    twingo-rs.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 408
  • dsc02167lb3ot3pv0.jpg
    dsc02167lb3ot3pv0.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 540
  • dsc02168ub7hx8zp2.jpg
    dsc02168ub7hx8zp2.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 332

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yup. thats it.

(red one has the final bodywork under the disguises)

The other one might just be a chassis mule.

Goliath I
saw a black one pass me the other day, very sporty looking, silver spoiler, with the jagged stripes

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Twingo RS better be amazing, i might wait for it before i decide what i'm buying next.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Twingo RS better be amazing, i might wait for it before i decide what i'm buying next.

ranault will not make it as good as the 197! shame coz it could be so good, bet it will be a bit of a let down!

hope i'm wrong;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If the twingo has a 1.4 turbo or above and is based on the 172 floor plan and is near 10k i'll buy it.

I wish they'd put some proper door handles on it thou, instead of those black stick things! It's 2007 is it not?

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I read it was a 1.6 135hp non turbo. Testdrove the GT today and for 100hp and 1055 kg, it's pretty quick

visualize whirled pe
If the twingo has a 1.4 turbo or above and is based on the 172 floor plan and is near 10k i'll buy it.

I agree, it needs to handle like a cup, punch you in the back when you accelerate and do it all at 45mpg. If it hits those marks the dealers'll be shifting them quick.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
seen a few on the road now, seen a car transporter full of them a while bk too, they look pretty good. bit too 'cute' for me though.

RB 200 Cup!
couple of people i know have test driven the twingo - the normal bog standrad one and the twingo GT both of them said both cars were s**t

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Similar, i cant give you exact dimentions as its not been launched.

ValverInBits
they'll have to put a new engine in this surely??
anyone imagine what it's gonna be?
1.4 turbo maybe......homage to the R5

they'll have to put a new engine in this surely??
anyone imagine what it's gonna be?
1.4 turbo maybe......homage to the R5

rumours are of it being a higher output version of the 1.2turbo already in the GT. Suppose that could mean it would be a higher capacity variant...

ValverInBits
wonder how strong the block will be then?
Just had a ride in my mates polo G40 today. he's removed the old charger and gone for a turbo with aqua mist.
220bhp +nitrous to come out of a 1.3 8v!
and about 850kg..
Makes you wonder doesent it

xenons an card key id def be test driveing an rs that looks nice

mums been offered a gt when her clios in for a service i may borrow the keys :D its grown on me a bit

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I think people need to re-adjust their expectations, don't forget its the ENTRY level Renault Sport, I've seen it. I can't say anymore.