ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this correct (opinions please)

172 Ph1
I'm just fitting my solid mounts to my Spax coilovers , I'm pretty sure it's correctly fitted , i just need a yup that's good if you know what i mean.
Cheers

f8d10787.jpg

3bdaec14.jpg

Actually shouldn't that top bit be on the top of the turret in the engine bay or have you got another piece??

172 Ph1
That bit goes underneath and is offered upwards to the body , the strut brace sits on top of the turret and 3 bolts secure the bottom piece pulling it to the body.

3b39df33.jpg

e6841ff0.jpg

Last edited:
  LY Megane R26
Looks good to me, not sure what that plate is between the top mount and spring hat is? Pretty sure I don't have that:/

172 Ph1
Looks good to me, not sure what that plate is between the top mount and spring hat is? Pretty sure I don't have that:/

That is what my original Renault bearing sat on me thinks , yes it's a Spax part
I def think it has to be there as the lower pure Motorsport collar is hollow and I would much prefere it sat on that spacer rather than sit on just a slightly bigger diameter shaft which is the shocker rod.

LY Megane R26
That is what my original Renault bearing sat on me thinks , yes it's a Spax part
I def think it has to be there as the lower pure Motorsport collar is hollow and I would much prefere it sat on that spacer rather than sit on just a slightly bigger diameter shaft which is the shocker rod.

Sorry bit confiused here, how can it be what your original Renault bearing sat on and be a spax part?

172 Ph1
Sorry bit confiused here, how can it be what your original Renault bearing sat on and be a spax part?

Because the original Renault top spring cup in which the bearing sits on is no longer and that was a direct replacement for Coilovers using standard top mounts

LY Megane R26
On mine the adjuster are also on the bottom of the shocks.

Iv just been playing around with my fronts and fitting the top mounts into them.
This is how I have done it;
6624e63c.jpg

It goes SPAX Spring (obviously), SPAX top collet, pure spacer, pure top mount, then finally the pure Motorsport nut which goes into the top mount bearing and meets up with the spacer.
I think thats correct?

I got another photo showing that the pure spacer is the correct size on the SPAX collet as you can see where it has marked it silver, so there is plenty of collet for it to sit on. And my pure spacer is fairly thick.
adb6cf7a.jpg

172 Ph1
On mine the adjuster are also on the bottom of the shocks.

Iv just been playing around with my fronts and fitting the top mounts into them.
This is how I have done it;
6624e63c.jpg

It goes SPAX Spring (obviously), SPAX top collet, pure spacer, pure top mount, then finally the pure Motorsport nut which goes into the top mount bearing and meets up with the spacer.
I think thats correct?

I got another photo showing that the pure spacer is the correct size on the SPAX collet as you can see where it has marked it silver, so there is plenty of collet for it to sit on. And my pure spacer is fairly thick.
adb6cf7a.jpg

I see what your getting at , your black Spax top cup is a different shape to mine , I have Standard dimension shocks , is yours a cup set-up ?