ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this bad - crash today

A4 Avant
I hate that island, the number of people that stay in the outside lane and drive all the way round at the outside.

Iceberg Ph1
There's no such thing as a simple claim though! I was in a one way street and someone pulled out of a side street straight into me buy their insurance didnt pay out until court action was threatened!

Unfortunately your probably right, but common sense should prevail really, shame that it don't.. Hopefully it does in this case!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
wow, that diagram is so good i feel like i was ther! yes true i never drive along side people on round abouts, il i will let them be in front so i can brake, or jus boot it from the lights so there miles away, had fools do this to me loads but beacuse i was behind them i can cancel my turn off and carry around the roundabout giving them the finger!

BMW M135I
In my experience in my old clio, they said it could have been about £1000 if its just bodywork or up to £2200 if damage has been caused to the underneath but as they couldnt tell till they removed it i didnt take the risk. Mine was on the same side as the petrol pump etc.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
There's no such thing as a simple claim though! I was in a one way street and someone pulled out of a side street straight into me buy their insurance didnt pay out until court action was threatened!

There are such things as simple claims, but yes they are definately the rare cases! I had a claim a few years back and did exactly the same thing with photos of the scene and paint arrows etc, just like that one.

After thinking the accident through and through I started to wonder whether I was at fault or it was the other guy (mini roundabout collision, always a grey area!), but in the end I got the pay out, not ncb lost and a really good payout too. At the scene the other driver was kicking up a fuss and was sure it was my fault too so I was surprised the claim went through no problems. This was a lucky case though of course.

This case is much more cut and dry, its VERY obvious he was in the wrong, and especially the fact he apologised at the scene. I wouldn't be worrying if I were you. Good luck anyway though!

Guys,your input is valuable beyond belief. I was on my way to see my brother in Selly Oak hospital at the time as he's seriously ill; I just wanted to get to him at the time rather than debate culpability. Despite doing a 360 spin I just wanted to get on my way.

I'm in no doubt about who's fault but I know the form, he'll most likely say it wasn't his fault so on the insurance front I couldn't really give a toss, I just want the car back. Worst case I lose £350 excess.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
That has got to be THE best crash photo drawn in paint posted on cs EVER

LOL-f**king pro scribbling mate!:cool:

Some clued up blonde nearly hammered into me doing exactly the same thing on a roundabout in town earlier. Got spidey sense of impending Y chromasome stupidity and managed to slam on & avoid.

Backed off from her and watched the dopey bint nearly do exactly the same thing into a guy on the next roundabout down:rolleyes:

Women: dangerous tbh.

-
I hate that island, the number of people that stay in the outside lane and drive all the way round at the outside.

+1

I live just down the road in romsley and have to cross that island all the time.

Most people just dont understand lane discipline, same all the way round that island although that particular exit is the worst.

ouch ! hope it goes well
next time stay in left lane, muuuch safer

Couldn't get in that lane. Although the picture illustrates only the two cars in actual fact both lanes were full of traffic. All the cars that were in front of the Focus and my clio all went the correct way, just him who had to be different.

Perhaps my picture needs to show the amount of traffic too?