ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this an import?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't think that the drivers door has a lock on it on any of the 182's ( i might be wrong ) .

Imports don't have the standard alarms and no locking wheel nuts . Nothing wrong with imports anyway , they are made in the same factory , same spec etc ... except what i have stated . And before anybody starts saying that imports are worth less , they are talkin b*llocks , i'm on my second import and i sold my 172 import for the same price as UK models .

You get the same 3 year warranty and 3 year AA cover , same as UK cars .

As to the price , check other cars, similar age , mileage etc and compare , then its up to you if its worth it .

If you want to check if a model is an import or UK model phone Renault uk customer services with either the reg number or vin number and they will tell you .

Tel . 08000 723372

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
He has offered me minimum £5000 for my 2001 (reg 2002) Mk2 172 Holland import - it has 57k on the clock, is this a good price?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ I got £5900 for my mk2 172 51 plate with 48k on the clock in February this year , on Autotrader .You'll always get less if you px a car , selling private is the best way if you want what a car is really worth .

MK1 PH3 RSi
Just to let you know, all Renault car imported into the UK only have one years warranty.

So be aware when looking for a new car..............

Oh and 182 do only have a lock on the passengers door.

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Not sure, haven't had chance to look at it properly, hopefully going this morning...

MERCEDES CLS AMG
UK CAR

Vehicle information
Selected vehicle: Clio II 3dr | 3 RSS 20B E3 | CB22
Selected RENAULT vehicle :
Registration number

WV04MFP

Vehicle identification number (VIN)

VF1CB220F31702928

Model

Clio II

Model type

CB22

Date of manufacture

05 2004

Additional information :

Vehicle fabrication number K293851

Equipment level ES4
Additional to equipment level SAN913
Additional to Limited Edition AMB06

Paint code TEJ41
Seat trim TICUI3
Interior trim HARM03

Special technical features code. \5/
A
C
H
/

/
/
/
/

Engine type F4R
Engine type and suffix F4R738

Engine fabrication number C003241

Gearbox type JC5
Gearbox type and suffix JC5130

Gearbox fabrication number C014322

Type of transmission /
Number of gears 5

Air conditioning type. Regulated air conditioning Anti-lock braking system /
Fog lamps PROJAB Power-assisted steering /
Rear bench seat FBANAR Reinforced suspension shock absorber No
Special protection SSPSCS Speedometer display MILES
Tinted glass VF Type of climate Temperate climate
Version 3 RSS 20B E3

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
What differences will I see, apart from Cruise control... There were some extra knobs and buttons down near the interior dimmer... Seats looked darker, seatbelts looked lighter! Some idiot has painted the front calipers red and removed the stickers from the back window! Oh and installed black tints (although these have been removed on the front side windows)

Took for a test drive but didn't feel massivly different over my 172... Granted it wasn't warmed up!

My car is due a Cambelt change, new front discs, major service (72k) next year, oh and it is an import (not that it makes a diff)

Dont know what to do!! I won't pay any more a month, just end up paying it off over an extra 2 years!!!

Anyone have any advice for me? :)

Would this still have remainder of 3 yrs manufacturers warranty? (e.g. 1 year!)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
BIG D said:
Just to let you know, all Renault car imported into the UK only have one years warranty.

So be aware when looking for a new car..............

Oh and 182 do only have a lock on the passengers door.

^^^^ Your wrong mate . Imports get the same 3 year warranty and same 3 years AA assistance as UK models unless the car was from imported New from Holland or was destined for Cyprus .

When you buy an import phone Renault UK customer service on .

Tel 08000 723372 .

Give them the cars details , reg number or vin number then it is on there system , job sorted .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nezza .Depending on the date the car came into the country and was sold will depend on how much of the warranty is left .

As above phone Ren cus services .

The seats are the same colour , seat belts are silver . You have the cruise control , speed limiter button and esp on/off button down by the dimmer switch .

Slightly wider track on the 182 with cup packs slightly lower and stiffer suspension . Wider tryes 205's not 195's which imo if they are the original michelin exaltos offer alot better grip in the wet and dry .

I've gone from a ff172 to a ff182 with cup packs and i can honestly say it handles better .

DON'T even mention yours is an import when your selling it mate , why should you ?? Same car !!

MRBILLYUK said:
DON'T even mention yours is an import when your selling it mate , why should you ?? Same car !!

because its a legal duty to be truthful to them if they ask - could end up in court over it if you lie.
theyre not the same car, if you had two identical cars same mileage etc same price one was an import and one wasnt. which would you go for?? i know i wouldnt go for the import..

they will have bought it at a reduced price when new because its an import so it will sell for a reduced price used.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Guy said:
because its a legal duty to be truthful to them if they ask - could end up in court over it if you lie.
theyre not the same car, if you had two identical cars same mileage etc same price one was an import and one wasnt. which would you go for?? i know i wouldnt go for the import..

they will have bought it at a reduced price when new because its an import so it will sell for a reduced price used.

You only need to them if they ask . As to the resale value i sold my imported ff172 on autotrader for the same price as UK models with similar age / mileage . Saved money on the initial purchase and didn't lose any money on the resale value .

That'll ding dang do for me ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Guy said:

You only need to them if they ask . As to the resale value i sold my imported ff172 on autotrader for the same price as UK models with similar age / mileage . Saved money on the initial purchase and didn't lose any money on the resale value .

Just a note about the alarm . As rich16v says , no alarm on imports , UK models have cobra alarms which only have iirc 18 months warranty on them and from past posts i have read aren't the most reliable alarms . So i would imagine it will have an aftermarket alarm fitted , if its a Toad alarm you get a lifetime warranty with em , can't vouch for other makes of alarm though .

insignia
MRBILLYUK said:

Me too ha ha seems there was a few silly people who didnt and got ripped by Renault. Some of us did their homework.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Couldn't agree more. It always pays to shop around ;)

Take the meggy 225 , around £20,000 for the UK model , imports can be had for just under £15,000 doesn't take Carol Vorderman to work out which is the better option even if the resale value would be less for the import ( which i know not to be true )

Imports all the way for me :rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Agree they do look slightly darker , might be something to do with the white perforations on the 182 giving that appearance , compared to the same colour perforations on the 172 , but who really gives a fcuk anyway .

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Rich_16v said:
Does it have the standard factory alarm or an aftermarket system... thats a sign of an import

If it's got a SIGMA alarm, it's 10 times better than the original Renault crap..................

Black Mk2 172
No 3 year warranty on cypriot imports/ its just that i had a new ballast unit for one of Xenons fitted under warranty it was getting on for 3 years old aswell , its a cypriot import ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ If you read the whole thread you'll see i've already mentioned Cypriot and Dutch imports don't carry the 3 year warranty .Maybe the dealer didn't do a check . If you don't believe me phone Ren cust services .