ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this a stardard alarm ?

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
Does this look like a standard alarm by renault ?
DSC00043-1.gif

DSC00044.gif

If so how do you turn it off . Since i brought the car the LED on the centre console just keeps flashing . Should it turn off when you open the doors and turn back on when you lock them ?

Renault Clio
doesnt look standard to me man, well atleast mine didnt have it in it when i bought it, i think renault would have put the led elsewhere? Same for the sensor i think

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
Wondered the same thing mate. Mine look just like that, sensors and the led.
The led only starts to flash when its armed though (doors locked)
Does it work off the renault key fob ?

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
works off nothing . i can leave the window down lock the doors an 5 minute later put my hand in and it still doesnt go off . even with the car unlocked and im driving it the LED still flashies . think i have too go to renault at the weekend and see what they say .

Yep thats a standard one.
Easy way to tell is does it work off the fob or is there a second remote for the alarm. The proper alrm is inbuilt into the stock fob as such.

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
got either as it stalls on . i found the alarm book and its a proper renault one and by the looks off it , its a cat 1 too . ive ring renault up and theyve told me to go to another place in town that fits these alarms on renault . so i go and see him at the weekend .

Mr RSi said:
got either as it stalls on . i found the alarm book and its a proper renault one and by the looks off it , its a cat 1 too . ive ring renault up and theyve told me to go to another place in town that fits these alarms on renault . so i go and see him at the weekend .
Standard Renault ones are Cobra Cat 1 ones.

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
yer i know . says on the the front of the book . gona give this place a ring tomorrow and see what they say about getting it to work .