ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a good price for this PC?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Processor = £350
monitor = £200
rem = £200 if its 1066
graphics card £120? this is the only thing that lets it down, but its still good enough to play the latest games

etc etc

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
thats a pretty damn good price if you ask me. Im ready for a new comp and that is very very tempting!

Clio MK2 (1.2)
£1K on a computer, what for ? if u aint gona be playing games or nuffin like dat, and its only to download music browse the net and watch Dvd's, then i dont see why a Grand computer is worth the hassle, if you shop around for the computer of your needs then your bound to save a couple of hundred's IMO

Mk2 Clio dci
very good deal for that type of spec. and mesh are very good to deal with. Ive brought a couple of pcs in the past from there.
The post above does make a good point about the price and use, but then again you always got the space and performance for the future

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i do a lot of graphic work, play games, as well as the rest.

current pc is p4 3.0ghz with a gig of ram and its slow for what i do.

big screen will help too, currently using a 19"

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Thats like saying whats the point in buying a ferrari when you can only do 70mph on the motorway...

I want a computer I can do all the above and play the odd game on and not worry if it can handle it or not. As for the quad core, yeah that is probably excessive, but why have 2 when you can get 4. I want a computer I can keep for a good 3-4 years and know that it will still be ok rather than saving a few quid and having to keep upgrading.

I still havent made my mind up and will probably wait until this time next month after the intel drops to see if there are any significant savings but it is looking a very tempting deal.

Shed.
build your own you tosser. Its cheaper and you can have WHATEVER you want.

If you do graphical work then why not look at a geforce quadro or one of the 8800's ?

IMO there is no need for more than 2 cores.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Wasted money on a Quad core unless you know your applications are written to use it. Most applications are still only single threaded or at most two, so having four cores is pointless.

Spend the money on a decent graphics card in a dual core machine. You'll NEVER max out two 2.4Ghz cores on a Core2 processor doing normal graphics/photoediting stuff. I use a Pentium D 3.4Ghz and that's ample for everything apart from running a million tasks at once...

Better than yours. C*nt.
build your own you tosser. Its cheaper and you can have WHATEVER you want.

If you do graphical work then why not look at a geforce quadro or one of the 8800's ?

IMO there is no need for more than 2 cores.

Quadro is the way forward if you use graphics apps or one of the rare ATI FireGL cards...

Better than yours. C*nt.
I want a computer I can keep for a good 3-4 years and know that it will still be ok rather than saving a few quid and having to keep upgrading.

Not a chance in hell. My main computer is only just over a year old and is well out of date technologically, and will need upgrading in the next few months. It was £1500 when I built it...

172 Cup
I want a computer I can keep for a good 3-4 years and know that it will still be ok rather than saving a few quid and having to keep upgrading.

Not a chance in hell. My main computer is only just over a year old and is well out of date technologically, and will need upgrading in the next few months. It was £1500 when I built it...

Agreed.. If you think you can buy a PC now and be using it to a reasonable standard in 4 years you're sadly deluded. Granted if you want to create spreadsheets for four years you'll be ok otherwise wake up...

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I would build it myself but I dont have the time or patience so that isnt an option.

Gonna wait till next month, see what intel drop their prices by and then look again.

?

Agreed.. If you think you can buy a PC now and be using it to a reasonable standard in 4 years you're sadly deluded. Granted if you want to create spreadsheets for four years you'll be ok otherwise wake up...

Im running a amd athlon xp 3200+ with 2gb ram and an agp 6800gt. Whole system is yonks old, ive had it ages and still is 100% fine, largely due to me updating/maintaining bits but tbh... if you spent 1500 on a pc a year ago and you need to upgrade again your either

a- someone who has to have "the best of everything to run all on high settings"

or

b - u got mugged off on your first pc

lol

Fiat Panda 100hp
I have had my PC for over 1 year now and the 4400x2 and 2GB of RAM still handle anything I chuck at it.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Iv got a Packard Bell something that i just bought for £240 from PC World and guess what its running perfectly because i maintain it and iv only upgraded 4 things: Dvd Re-writer, Ram, Vista and a 250gb External harddrive which i save everything on, so comp is running as i had it 2 years ago :) so a Grand for a computer = Pointless,

Iv got a Packard Bell something that i just bought for £240 from PC World and guess what its running perfectly because i maintain it and iv only upgraded 4 things: Dvd Re-writer, Ram, Vista and a 250gb External harddrive which i save everything on, so comp is running as i had it 2 years ago :) so a Grand for a computer = Pointless,

Just because a £240 PC works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone else.. Heh.

Fiat Panda 100hp

Depends what you use it for, its pointless if your a PC game designer and can't do your job because your PC isnt up to the job isnt it.