ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this a fair price?

clio 182 cup
Hello im takin my 182 cup to we buyanycar.com today and they have offerd me £5500 for it it only has 29000 miles its racing blue with white stripes full serive history mot and taxed has a few mods done by k-tec exhaust system, induction kit, lowerd ,re-mapped and tinted windows its in excellent condition good tyres all round do you think this is a fair price thanks

Clio Dynamique
What year is your car? Sounds a bit cheap to me :S

Have you done any research into how much other people have priced their cars at that are similar to yours? Try auto trader etc

clio 182 cup
What year is your car? Sounds a bit cheap to me :S

Have you done any research into how much other people have priced their cars at that are similar to yours? Try auto trader etc
sorry its a 2005 05 plate i just need to get rid of it asap cause i already have my new car and parents want it off there drive way lol

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
sorry its a 2005 05 plate i just need to get rid of it asap cause i already have my new car and parents want it off there drive way lol

i brought a caravan home once, they wern't impressed.

price seems a bit low. put it in the for sale section, or 1 day listing on eBay?

BMW F21 125d
Webuyanycar.com is part ex/trade in prices remember, they will be lower than what you'd get private, but then you get the ability to sell your car in about an hour!

I've heard that they may give you a good valuation on line, but when you actually take it down to be assesed/sold, there they go over it with a fine toothed comb and knock you down on every single little thing. So £5500 could easily drop to £5000.

Tav

Clio 197
I bought mine with 15k on the clock for £6700. If you can't be arsed selling privately and can get the £5.5k tomorrow I'd be tempted. You wouldn't get any more from a garage on trade in. People seem to get their knickers in a twist with webuyanycar but you are sacrificing some money for a quick and easy transaction. Who can be arsed having a car sitting around for weeks whilst knobs come round to kick tyres?

Deffo sell it privately ! Write out a good ad, get nice pics done, price it well, shove the ad up tonight. I reckon it could be gone by Monday.

As someone else posted, the price they quote you online seems very fair for a trade in price but I imagine it gets knocked down a huge deal when you take the car in and they find things to haggle on.

Nissan 350z
Not to mention all those mods you list as a bonus they will see them as a disadvantage so will no doubt knock you down alittle to put things back to standard.

clio 182 cup
thanks for all the advice its been sold the bloke at webuyanycar.com loved it lol he tried to knock me down to £5000 but as they couldnt find one thing wrong with it i held out and got £5500 i realise that i could have got a bit more privtley but parents were drainin me its been sittin on the drive for a month so had to go any way i always got good information off this website from peeps over the last couple of years so just sayin thanks to every one cause i probably wont be on here again :rasp: