ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my throttle opening all the way?

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
I've been playing with the Torque obd app and noticed the throttle position gauge will only read 3.9% with no throttle input and 66.7% with full throttle. Curious as to know if this was right (and not having anyone around to check for me) I've just filmed my throttle body.

Does this look right? Car drives well and feels the same as other 1X2s I've had/driven.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Apps (e.g. torque and racechrono) read the throttle from the OBD II ports as 66%. Don't know why.

On racechrono there's a little checkbox that scales it correctly, don't know if there's a similar option on torque somewhere.

You'll notice the revs on torque also don't fall to zero.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
I certainly didn't expect a couple of quid app to hugely accurate [emoji23] Was just curious about the 66%. As I say it drives well so perhaps I should stop looking for problems!