ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my car to high?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Hey guys
Ok so been having problems with my steering and stuff so took my car to kwik fit and they found a snapped rear coil spring, bought some off ebay (brand new) and the guy claimed that they are for any clio including a ph2 172, purchased them and fitted them the other day, was just wondering if my car is sitting much higher than it should be? Are ph2 172`s lowered as standard? Heres a pic to show how high it actually is! I know they might take sometime to settle down but cant see them lowering much. Some help would be great. Thanks, oh and my car is a 53 PH2 172 no cup packs i don`t think lol.

IMG_0156.jpg

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Thought so, will give it a few days for the springs to settle if not and he wont take them back will open a case on ebay. Haha i know, crap tyres but my budget isnt great £180 for 4 was good enough lol.

Thought so, will give it a few days for the springs to settle if not and he wont take them back will open a case on ebay. Haha i know, crap tyres but my budget isnt great £180 for 4 was good enough lol.

I've got some standard 172 springs somewhere in my garage, ill dig them out and you can have them.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Pmd Stu. I was actually thinking about buying some Eibachs, i had some apex and the ride was really s**t so took them off, they much better?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Well i managed to get myself some 182 cup rear springs. Cant see any difference to the brand new ones claiming to be the same for every clio! NOT!!!!
Springs.jpg