ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth upgrading to Yosemite from Snow Leopard ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I have a macbook pro circ mid 2009 and thinking about upgrading but not sure if its worth it. Safari is now too old and laggy so I run Chrome which is ok but prefer Safari, I have an ipad but android phone.
The reviews seem to say its great to bring all your apple devices together but as I have an android phone I am not sure ?
What do you think of it or should I stay on Snow Leopard. Last time I updated from Tiger I had to buy it on disc lol

SQ5
I would but I would upgrade your RAM.

We've done our 2010 MacBook, and it's fine expect just so so slow. Need to get 4GB in it really!

SQ5
Yep, just need to find £60 for the RAM.

Probably didn't help I also added my iTunes library off of my NAS onto it a week before, not much storage space either on it!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, most of my 500GB hd is nearly full too.

Need to sort it really, but haven't got round to it.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I held onto snow leopard as long as I could before upgrading and finally bit the bullet for Yosemite and it's been just fine for me.

Running on an early 2011 13 inch MBP, it already had 8 gig in it and used the OS upgrade as a good excuse to get an SSD in it as well.

Few niggles to start with but have managed to get pretty much everything back to how I want it, only thing is the gesture to show desktop has changed and preferred it the old way :tongueout: guess there may be a way to get that back to how it was?

Apart from the fact the other devices sync with iTunes i don't use any of the device integration stuff, doesn't interest me and don't really have the need for it.

At the least it gives you newer version of Safari and a few more features I was after.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Looks like I will stick with SL then for now, chrome is ok once its run for a few minutes otherwise its always looking for a shockwave plug in ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I assume you use a small ssd with the os on and store everything else on the hard drive?