ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth it..

clio sport cup
My X plate gearbox has just given up the goose. .so going to get a new car this weekend (need it for work asap) . I don;t want to pay a garage 1K+ to fix it.

I can change the box myself.. Yep, will take time (to get the right box and fit it), but this not an issue.

However, should I sell it (the rest of the car is in excellent condition) with a dead box, (if i can) and how much? or fix it and then sell it..

X plate 74K ?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
To be honest mate, if you can get the parts cheap enough then id just fix it and sell it on in a drive-away condition.

Im guessing its a Ph1 172?

Its probably worth £2.5k in a good condition, so you'd be lucky to get £1.5k with a fucked gearbox.

Family Bus
Pfffft - my 'trade in ' price on my 02 172 is 3500 so cant see you getting much more than 2.5k for yours!

clio sport cup
nope.. basically it will go into gear, but letting off the clutch will cause a stall.
Its like the top shaft in the box moves, but the bottom is locked (i.e broken). The clutch seems fine, as in the pedal action, and it stalls when you let off (i.e its not slipping).

Apart from that the car is in great nick.. Starts straight away etc etc..
Got new disks on teh back + pads, newish front disks/pads, all good tyres, new plugs/leads, ktec exhaust, and (no proof, was told when i got it, so took it with a pinch of salt) a ported/flowed head.

If you want it and the price it right :) I will get it to where you want it.. or we can sort something out, as you are quite close anyways...

It would be a good project, or track car, if you had the time (which I unfortunatly do not.. )