ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it worth getting a hybrid over a valver??

DUB mk2 golf gti!
is it worth the risk!have any of you hybrid owners had any problems?because those traffic cops are starting to do there research ive herd!lol i kno the engines are allmost identical,but is it possilbe to make a f7r motor identical to a f16ie,eg manifold change,dipstick,number alterations!or do i just get a decent nick valver and slam it on coilovers and cam it?:D

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
At 18 a clio 16valve is going to be very expensive anyway, i would imagine circa 2k have you even got any quotes?

When i bought the willy i looked at Hybrids and i couldnt get an insurance co' to insure me without having the vehicle tested by the DVLA and reclassed, so it amazes me when some companies just accept engine conversions.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
(clio 1.8 16v)1400 fully comp with few mods! 1070 tpft

^thats with elephant,i live in the least risk postcode area,and bin driving for over a year!0NCB'S tho

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That is a better quote than i imagined, but i would be careful with elephant as they often do 10month schemes which are not recognised as a years no claims by other insurance companies.

Prob best to go with a cheap quote and build up a few years no claims and modify the car legit imo. If you cannot afford it, don't bother as ultimatley if you crashed and they were to find out it was a 2.0 your insurance would be void and the other person may lose out if the accident were to be your fault.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
yer i allways ignore the 10month b****cks! those quotes were on 12month policy! think ill just get a valver strip it,coilovers,decat,ik! should be quick enough for me seeing im only 18

IMO if you cannot afford the car forget it the 2.0 is worth the extra so long as you can afford it quite easily.

Not declairing it is stupid might as well not insure it.