ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it worth get a ph1 airbox for my..

CLIO 172 CUP....
duno if it worth geting 1 and fitting it to my ph2 172 cup.....

at the moment im running a standed airbox with itg panel filter.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
well i just sold my itg maxogen and refitted my ph1 airbox to my ph1 minus the cold air feeds and my god it sounds great!!! its got a k&n element in it but the induction noise is great, better than the maxogen! and there is no difference in performance either, so i would say yeah do it.

VaVa
No. It was the Emperors new clothes on here at one point, then a few truths were aired about people doing back to back dyno runs and not gaining a bean, and it's populairty died down.

172 cup, Impreza P1
well i just sold my itg maxogen and refitted my ph1 airbox to my ph1 minus the cold air feeds and my god it sounds great!!! its got a k&n element in it but the induction noise is great, better than the maxogen! and there is no difference in performance either, so i would say yeah do it.

Without cold air feeds you will lose power. Might sound good but will make you slower. Depends what you want in life I guess.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
dont agree. maxogen runs no air feeds and gains power. my ph1 airbox is doing the exact same thing. it defo hasnt lost power.

172 cup, Impreza P1
dont agree. maxogen runs no air feeds and gains power. my ph1 airbox is doing the exact same thing. it defo hasnt lost power.

You'll not notice the power loss and it will only be when heat has built up in the engine bay but will be a loss. If they didn't do anything why would they be there?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
im guessing due to noise regulations. dont u run a espace airbox?

172 cup, Impreza P1
That's what the acoustic valve is for.

I certainly do but with a CAF. Not sure if it actually gives me any more power, doubt it.

I'm going to use on my turbo set up soon too. :D

225 Cup & Williams
That's what the acoustic valve is for.

I certainly do but with a CAF. Not sure if it actually gives me any more power, doubt it.

I'm going to use on my turbo set up soon too. :D

Your cup will be an animal turbo'd Steven it's basically a shell on wheels haha

CLIO 172 CUP....
think im gonna just leave it. im happy with what iv got now any way.

just fort the ph1 airbox was abit better....gonna spend the money some were else..

cheers for the info guys any ways...

172 cup, Impreza P1
Your cup will be an animal turbo'd Steven it's basically a shell on wheels haha

That's the plan so fingers crossed. Going to get the car MOT'd then I can start. The new setup doesn't have a cat so a years MOT should help me to and from trackdays then by this time next year I should have a trailer and the car will be off the road.

ClioSport 172 Cup
think im gonna just leave it. im happy with what iv got now any way.

just fort the ph1 airbox was abit better....gonna spend the money some were else..

cheers for the info guys any ways...

If the PH1 airbox was better why did Renault go to the trouble of changing the entire design to a square shape for the cup and 182??? Think about it.. I still think the V6 airbox is no better than the PH2 Square box either, assuming both are CAF'd.(And yes I have tried the V6 round jobby, didn`t feel as good low down the revs imo, for some reason 2 x inlets on the box works better than the single larger inlet.., something to do with airflow and vacuums??).

225 Cup & Williams
That's the plan so fingers crossed. Going to get the car MOT'd then I can start. The new setup doesn't have a cat so a years MOT should help me to and from trackdays then by this time next year I should have a trailer and the car will be off the road.

Sounds good. That wee Cup will be a P1 beater then eh ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
If the PH1 airbox was better why did Renault go to the trouble of changing the entire design to a square shape for the cup and 182??? Think about it.. I still think the V6 airbox is no better than the PH2 Square box either, assuming both are CAF'd.(And yes I have tried the V6 round jobby, didn`t feel as good low down the revs imo, for some reason 2 x inlets on the box works better than the single larger inlet.., something to do with airflow and vacuums??).

ph1 I did some engine work on was mapped last week. Due to coming with a crappy cone, it had a ph2 airbox fitted. made mediocre bhp and decent torque. A Maxogen (which I've always rated as far too expensive for the gains) went on and with minor map tweaks it made another 8bhp!!

ph2 airbox is a noise limitation exercise

Ph1
ph1 I did some engine work on was mapped last week. Due to coming with a crappy cone, it had a ph2 airbox fitted. made mediocre bhp and decent torque. A Maxogen (which I've always rated as far too expensive for the gains) went on and with minor map tweaks it made another 8bhp!!

ph2 airbox is a noise limitation exercise

Next time someone says Maxogen's are a waste of money they gain you nothing direct them to this :cool::rasp:

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I should point out that's alongside matched inlets and headwork with standard cams ;) Made 179bhp and 168lb/ft

ClioSport 172 Cup
I doubt the maxogen made the extra 8bhp, it probably made an extra 1/2bhp in total. I bet if you left the ph2 box on with the matched inlets and headwork the bhp would have been almost identical(assuming good CAF location).

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I doubt the maxogen made the extra 8bhp, it probably made an extra 1/2bhp in total. I bet if you left the ph2 box on with the matched inlets and headwork the bhp would have been almost identical(assuming good CAF location).

no you're wrong. as i said, it was mapped with the ph2 airbox on to start with