ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it worth buying a new rs tuner and map £208?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think the cables etc come with the RS tuner.
Just need a laptop?

clio 182 sport
From the way everyone goes on about them i would :) and i beleive they can work as a fault reader aswell?? im sure someone will be along to correct me ..

RB clio 182
Yeah it is a fault code reader as well.

The amount I have saved in diagnostics is probably worth more than the unit anyway.

Plus if you only want to map your car, you can sell the unit on for 120-130 quid.

Just buy one, it will save you money in the long run on diagnostics I guarantee it.

Clio 182
What is this RS tuner thing? And what sort of performance gains do you ACTUALLY get? See everyone going on about them but never really understood what it actually is? Like a DIY remap?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's a generic map. It improves drivability more than anything. Lower down torque and smooths out the 5k kick iirc?

I need to get one myself :)

monaco 172
gray mapped mine for me using his rs tuner, i wish id bought the unit myself now.

gave much better power curve, smoother idle, and best of all i havent seen the decat light since i had it mapped.