ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it true you cant use a sat nav in v6 cos of the screen??

what do you mean mate, i have a pioneer X1R system in ine and it works fine. The Factory sat nav that came with the 172 and some early 182's wont work in the V6 if thats what you mean.

Do you mean the windscreen because i think its heat reflective and the gps doesn't work but you cant get a external aerial so it will work

I've got a KNA3200 and Road Angel working, the pick up points are in the centre of the front screen. The heat reflective film on the front screen reduces the signal, but doesn't stop it.

Clio RS 172 Ph2
I tried mine under the little square on the front screen, but it still dropped the signal too much, so I bought an external ariel which is magnetically fitted to the bonet, with the internal transmitter by the interior mirror, with my RoadAngel (which also runs as a GPS receiver for my IPAQ & TomTom) underneath it.

Works a treat!

VaVa
Aye, borrowed a TomTom off mate to see what it was like - signal very poor at best and non existant at worst. Needs external aerial.