ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it a Williams?

172 Race Car
Ive lost count of the number of times ive been asked that now. As soon as you say its a 2 litre Clio, thats what they say.

Had it again today. I was at a mates garage with the car and someone walked by and commented on the car. He asked me what size the engine was, I knew what was coming. Even some of my work mates have asked (im in the motor trade)

Anybody else heard that one?

RB 182 Cup
oh yes, i used to get that all the time with my old naples valver, not yet had it on the 182 though. There is a guy at work who thinks a Clio V6 is a "Williams Clio V6" no matter how many times I correct him. :dapprove:

The stupid are everywhere...

My dad (who has a mk2 flame red 172) came in & goes - some dude came out of the newspaper shop earlier on & goes " i'm really into these, is it a v6 clio" My dad was like, nah mate.

When I had the valver I was asked all the time why my car didn't have gold wheels on it, as it 'must be a williams' I gave up bothering to explain in the end :rolleyes:

With the vee, I get - did you do that yourself ?? What is it ?? Is it four wheel drive ?

I was asked by some div in a modded mk3 golf gti (complete with real spinners lol) the other week what bhp it was, I said 500bhp to him;) said it was a 3.0 with a big supercharger on it, he was drooling at the mouth, fool !
You'd think that him probably being into cars, he'd know.

The usual one is folk who pull up behind me. I often look in the rear view mirror, to be greeted with them pointing at the number plate on the car, I like that though:cool:

172 Race Car
After ive explained what it is and that its not a williams they normaly say

''why didnt you get a williams then? they are very quick''

172 Cup
As soon as i bought my car i told a guy at work that i got a clio, what engine size / colour? 2 litre dark blue, "oh you got a Williams with gold wheels" lol, nah its a 172!

Clio
When my nan told my Uncle I had a new car and said it was a Renault Clio.

He asked what engine it was.

My Nan said 3L I think.

He almost had her sectioned, thought she was going senial. He told my nan that I was winding her up.

Had some lad ask if my car was quicker than a williams. Then proceeded to tell me it wasn't. However as the conversation went on it was obvious he wasn't talking about a williams in general, the williams in question he was talking about had bodies and cams fitted and was running 200+ bhp, lol. What a penis.

People at work presume my car is a 1.2.

When I told one of the guys I got about 32mpg, he looked shocked and said "from a little 1.2?!" and when I said it had a 2.0 in it, he thought I'd put it in myself.

Some people just don't know about cars. Like I know nothing about art, and don't want too.

People at work presume my car is a 1.2.

When I told one of the guys I got about 32mpg, he looked shocked and said "from a little 1.2?!" and when I said it had a 2.0 in it, he thought I'd put it in myself.

Some people just don't know about cars. Like I know nothing about art, and don't want too.
Should have just said "do you want a passenger ride? It goes quite well for a 1.2" ;) lol

Nobody will get in my car from work, since xmas 2004 when I drove to the work xmas meal and took a few that wanted to drink, in my Punto GT. They wouldn't believe it had 150bhp, so I showed them...

1.8 Civic EX
When I had the valver I was asked all the time why my car didn't have gold wheels on it, as it 'must be a williams' I gave up bothering to explain in the end :rolleyes:

lol I had that so many times in my valver...it's got the bonnet vent so it must be a williams...lol fools

RB 200 Cup!
When my nan told my Uncle I had a new car and said it was a Renault Clio.

He asked what engine it was.

My Nan said 3L I think.

He almost had her sectioned, thought she was going senial. He told my nan that I was winding her up.

flol!

'91 Clio RT =D
lmao!!! I wonder if I will get this when I put my 16v bonnet on.

Will be a compliment since i'll be driving a 1.4 :)

clio sport 182
ye but think of it this way,u get a big smile on ya face wen u a bmw320 pulls up at the lites next to you not having a clue about cars and thinks hes gona have you off the lites,always happens to me in my 182 people under estimate the power to weight ratio

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Everyone who speaks to me... usually at my local Shell, knows exactly what the car is.

One bloke, who i've never even met before said once "I prefer it on the white wheels, the dark ones didn't suit it as much"

WTF mate, are you stalking me?

Turns out he saw me near enough everyday driving through my village. Weirdo

1.8 Civic EX
Everyone who speaks to me... usually at my local Shell, knows exactly what the car is.

One bloke, who i've never even met before said once "I prefer a flan TBH."

WTF mate, are you stalking me?

Turns out he saw me near enough everyday driving through my village. Weirdo

;)

Audi S1
Mine 172 is a pulling machine as the good old Guru said "I want to be a guru so girls will like me".... i just got a sport its works...especially with blondes...

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
"2 litres in a clio? that must be pretty quick mate yeah?"

"aye it's no bad.."

=D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mates mum thinks my car is a williams clio, she 50+, we where both very impressed she even knew what one was.

P.S sadly no pics.

BMW E46 330i Touring
How dare the general public not know as much about the Renault range as we do! Burn them all, I say...

;) Yeah, I've had the conversation too...

clio 182 black /gold
I was putting air in my tyres a few months ago and some lads in a van said alright mate, we like your clio. Then they said there mates 1.6 had the same exhaust as mine. I told them that mine was 2.0LTR they just said na there williams with gold wheels and my wheels are dirty grey. So i just left them drooling.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I always seem to get it when getting tyres/tracking done etc when theirs an older chap who normally drives some dribble talking to you about cars!!! lol