ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is elephant mod friendly???

1.2 Campus sport
lol 1996 clio @ 17 = 2Gs
1996 clio @ 17 with alloys and lowering springs = £3.5Gs

would love to shoot that c**t of an elephant

1.2 Campus sport
yeh well managed to insure it for just short of £2000 with NO lowering springs damnit.. but had to sell it because people kept insisting on driving into it!

if i could afford to hire a limo i would lol believe me i would

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
£109 to cover exhaust and alloys! f**k that! i think ill be ripping that magnex off and putting a standard system back on! the droning on the motorway is pissing me off anyway! lol how much could i get for a mint magnex and a supersprint manifold???

182BG
i was charged £80 for an exhaust and alloys, then when i lowered it, it only cost me a further £5, they seem to shaft you on the first/second mod then it gets cheaper

172 MKII FF
I just bought a Clio 172 and when insuring it I wasn't aware that it had an induction kit on it. I knew it had a aftermarket exhaust system on it. Should I declare these? Anyone any ideas on what the cost would be having these on?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i got told by them it's only 3 mods..

I think when i was 19 they charged about £90 to add non std wheels and ind kit.

Clio Sport 172 02
Elephant regardless of what you declare wont actually do like for like replacement if you trash it. I dont see the point with modding your car then going with Elephant.

Why they should charge you extra for it is beyond me, apart from the whole looks mroe attractive to steal or makes it go faster hence being potentially "dangerous" :rolleyes:

Allloys - No speed increase makes it more atrractive but apart from that what does it do to the car that would make it cost them more to insure..always considering they wont replace with teh same alloys?

BMW M135i
Allloys - No speed increase makes it more atrractive but apart from that what does it do to the car that would make it cost them more to insure..always considering they wont replace with teh same alloys?

Because, if you stack it and they find out they'll most likely void your insurance and screw you over. They've got you over a barrel basically.

IMO £109 isn't that bad depending on age, although I payed about £200 extra for about 6/7 mods with admiral this year.

Ph1
Half the country mods cars in some way shape or form!!

Its about time insurance companys got with the times instead of trying to fleece us with these daft charges per mod etc etc

Clio Sport 172 02

Because, if you stack it and they find out they'll most likely void your insurance and screw you over. They've got you over a barrel basically.

IMO £109 isn't that bad depending on age, although I payed about £200 extra for about 6/7 mods with admiral this year.

I understand that what im saying is...whats the point of having insurance with them if they arent going to replace part for part!

I would always declare them but I wouldnt go with an insurance company that wouldnt replace them!

Golf GTI 1.8T
You're only allowed 6 mods on the policy as well

Oh and if you crash it'll get put back to standard

I hate this with insurance company's. If they are not gonna pay out like for like you shouldn't have to declare it to them.

I loved the quote for my bike with the aftermarket can 'theres no extra for the can and it is insured for road legal and non road legal cans'

Me 'how can they insure a non road legal can'
Them 'well if the bike was nicked they would pay out for the a replacement regardless of the status of the can, but if you had a crash it wouldnt be covered' :S