ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is any 1 else wishing they aint brought a 182

RenaultSport clio 18
Dont get me wrong i love the way it looks. but the relibility is crap, it is an 05 plate and has already had a new
1 gear box
2 clutch
3 flywheel
4 lamba sensor( but that was due 2 decat)
and now
the steering rack has gone

it is really starting 2 piss me off.

Street Triple R
I never had a single problem with mine (apart from the hazard lights getting stuck on lol) so seems youve just been unlucky :(

M2 Competition
Lol, ive had every problem in the book with my cup, but have discovered that,
touch wood, once the problems are out the way its a sweet car.

The top three problems seem related? lol

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
you got a duff car mate, happens now and again, most dont have these problems till 100k plus. Only thing gone wrong with the cup is needing new bulbs,

dc03ley 182 said:

Hmmmm, who told you this? get another opinion, from a different garage....

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
You've been stuck with a Friday afternoon car mate, mines been fine besides some minor issues.

rex said:
Lol, ive had every problem in the book with my cup, but have discovered that,
touch wood, once the problems are out the way its a sweet car.

The top three problems seem related? lol
To his driving style? ;) lol :p

tiTTy & SV650
gearboxes and clutches, aint heard of them being problematic before on 182s.

mines never been unreliable, had some warranty issues, usually shock absorbers, never been not driveable. 26k miles since June 04.

LY 200
Gearbox and clutch......I smell cainage ;)

Im happy with mine. If i was really that pissed off with it for whatever reason then id sell it for summin else.

182 and 5 GTT
dc03ley 182 said:
Dont get me wrong i love the way it looks. but the relibility is crap, it is an 05 plate and has already had a new
1 gear box
2 clutch
3 flywheel
4 lamba sensor( but that was due 2 decat)
and now

it is really starting 2 piss me off.
I guess its got nothing to do with the way you drive it then?! ;)

looking for 172 cup
if you asked that last year i would of said yes :( had lots of little problems..... but all good now and the car is really good fun, makes me smile every time i drive it :cool:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i also had to have a new steering rack on my cup, at the time it had only done 40k!!! lucky for me i still had warrenty

i love my cup :)

RenaultSport clio 18
i have just given it a bloody gud clean, it looks amazing, so i like it again now.
just wish it wud stop going wrong

The Beast MK4
You must have got a bad one. Im the same with my 1.2, problems from day one but I still love the damn thing lol

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
What was the problem with the Steering racks?. I have some funny noises that Im starting to think could be rack related....

RenaultSport clio 18
chrisfez said:
What was the problem with the Steering racks?. I have some funny noises that Im starting to think could be rack related....

when i turn the car on it knocks when i turn the steering wheel even if i am not moving, n it does it bad when i am on full lock pulling on2 my drive. not gud

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
^ thats the same with them all .... just the fact theres a large 2.0 engine in a clio.
also your first 3 problems seem related ? possibly w+t with the way its driven ?
also reliabilty is good in a way as the engine has never broken down eh ? its just the build quality these problems come from. ;)