ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is 5l of oil enough?

Civic Type R
Hi

as title says really, is 5l of oil enough? Done an oil change today, put the whole 5 litres in and its in between the max and minimum on the dispstick. is this enough? when the garage have had it before it always come back filled to the max level..

hopefully one of you guys will know.

cheers
wayne

Civic Type R
f**king typical.. will it be alright for a few days? Will need to order another litre of silkolene from opie.. that is unless any synthetic will do for the half litre?

Mk5 golf gti
my view is that you never get all the oil out anyway so as long as it's near as possible to max you're perfectly fine

exactlly my thinking the 0.1 has gotta be still lurking in there because its not bone dry
well thats what i persuaded myself today lol
had more of a problem draining the oolant as the clips on the hose were a b*****d lol

Mk5 golf gti
i know yea but we didnt have it in college so ordinary plyers and a rusty hose clip was a paaaain