ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipods - your thoughts?

Clio 172 Mk2
Does anyone on here have one of the latest generation ipod videos or the latest 8gb nano? Thinking of getting either of these and can't make my mind up. Whats everyone's opinions on them? Do they scratch easily? Is sound quality good?

106 GTi
I have an 8gb Nano it seems to have a much better painted type finish than the easy to scratch plastic and metal finish on my normal ipod.

Evo 6, E92 320d
i got 30gb video, so far i havent got any scratches on the front cos ive got the protective plastic on it still and then its in a wallet type thing, but the crome on the bk is scratched, theres no stopping it. the sound is gd, bear in mind u use gd headphones, the std 1s are a bit naff so i use a set of Beyerdynamic dt990, theres awsome (and veryexpensive)

Clio 172 Mk2
looks like ya swayed me then. Am stuck between which to get now tho. Feel like im getting ripped with the nano when the 30gb video one is only 20 quid more for an extra 22gb. Suppose the nano is a lot smaller tho and doesnt scratch as easily.....hmmmm

57 Clio Campus Sport
I have a 60GB Black Video. They changed it for the 80GB now so they no longer sell it. I bought protective covers for it before i opened it so its in mint cindition still and i have had it since Xmas. I need to get an 80gb because i have like 2GB left on my 60 now lol. I might get a shuffle for gym to.

Evo 6, E92 320d
i was luky, managed topic up mine for £120 brand new wenthey was still near £200, bargin!! but i dont use the video feature at all

106 GTi
Depends what you want it for ? Video is wasted on me as I would not put Video on it. Use a normal 20gb Ipod at work for music and transferring files between here and there and a 8gb Nano for the car.

Clio 172 Mk2
hmm yeah good call rich, just thinking whether i'd use the video feature or not!! thought it might come in handy for late shifts at work cos it has video out and we have a tv there. Rich stupid question but is the headphone socket at the bottom or top on the new nano?

6/468 17poo
ive got an 80gb one, cant fault it, except the battery life seems to have depreciated quite badly over a years use!!!video on its very good!think im up to around 58gb full

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I have a 30Gb Video and as mentioned before the chrome back scratches easily but the front still looks mint :) I haven't used the video function much yet but fully intend to when I go on holiday.

Oh and the headphone socket is on the top.

I was a late comer to the whole mp3 player/iPod franchise, but now I have, gotta say its my most treasured possesion. I love listening to music all day and to have everysong i love on tap is to me, utter heaven :D

106 GTi
hmm yeah good call rich, just thinking whether i'd use the video feature or not!! thought it might come in handy for late shifts at work cos it has video out and we have a tv there. Rich stupid question but is the headphone socket at the bottom or top on the new nano?

On the bot of the new nano.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I've got the metal finish 8GB nano. It's good for what I use it for. Gym mostly. No moving parts to damage by vibrating and shaking it about on the treadmill. I have a belkin neoprene case with armband which I find very comfy and hes kept the ipod in perfect condition. Battery lasts bloody ages. Sound quality is good. Very easy to use and adjust volume/skip tracks while running.

Only complaint is itunes is crap. It's good if you rip music from a cd, but if you have the songs on your computer already, you have to fill out the information manually. Also albums with collaberations get listed under different artists cloggin up the artists list.

I d/l a lot of singles but don't bother putting them on my ipod any more, they just clog it up too much and I have trouble finding them then.