ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod or iPhone integration with standard stereo?

Low!
I want to be able to connect my iPhone or iPod to the standard stereo and change tracks with the steering controls and also see track information. I have seen this on a freinds old clio but he cannot remember what it was called.

I don't really want to spend more than £100 on it, there are a few on ebay for about £45 that say they do the above on an ipod, but don't work with the iphone. Is there any available that work with the iPhone? I have both an iPhone 3G and an old nano 4GB that I can use if there is not a solution for my iPhone.

Iceberg Ph1
I'm sure the item your on about is called a Renault TunePoint.. It fits the standard radio and gives iPod functionality, as of how much and where to get these I am not too sure.
Hope this helps a bit

Charged Superleggera
i dont think any will give you track info. i use connects2 which is like the tunepoint and its great. it charges the ipod, works on iphones and allows you to use steering wheel controls

connects 2 interfaces are half the price at worst of the tunepoint and do the same job.I do the connects 2 ipod interfaces-pm me for price

not for that price,i sell for tuner list for £35 delivered as the headunit has to recognise there is an interface there to use

Clio 1.6 Dynamique
All very interesting - my wifes brand new scenic has the tunepoint and it works great with my iphone 4 - I would be interested to know if this connect2 will work as well in my 53 plate Clio dynamique

Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Right - got the answer - I have just got a - BlackBerry VisorMount Speakerphone VM-605 (£50 from MobileFun), which basically links to your iphone via bluetooth and then broadcasts on FM, so all you need to do is tune your radio to a free FM channel and away you go. It also works as a handsfree kit for the phone, also using the radio (if you have tuned it, otherwise it uses its own speaker). An added advantage is that it also works with my sat-nav app, giving the directions and interrupting the music to do so. All in all this works extremely well and basically replicates the functionality of plugging my iphone into the usb port on our scenic. I would fully reccomend this as a solution to getting your iphone integrated - it also means that steering wheel volume controis work (although not track skipping). Combined with a decent dash mount and charger, this is by far the neatest solution to the problem :)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Yeah but utter shite sound quality.

The ACTUAL best solution is a proper iPhone/iPod headunit. The SONY ones are okay and are also nearly as much as a tunepoint costs, plus you'll probably get Bluetooth too.

Listerine & Poledo
May be neat but FM transmitters reduce audio quality drastically.

Does the job though, which is good.

To get around the iPod connection, I went for an Alpine unit with "blackout" so it doesn't glare all the time, a lead to keep the stalks and dash-top dsiplay working and a specific iPod lead.

Now everything still works as is, I've got full iPod control with names/playlists etc.
and a USB in too, just in case.

Audi A3
Could you not just use the aux in the back of the standard headunit, wher the cd multichanger would plug in?