ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod nano

Lee

BMW M2C
How strong are these little fellas?

I was thinking of getting one for use in the gym, but I'm a clumsy sod and often drop my current MP3 player while swapping tracks on the treadmill. :eek:

Is it going to be up to the job or will I need to be extra careful with it?

Would one of those gay armband holders be a good idea?

Ta,

Lee

I was gonna do the same, but where it has a hard drive like the normal ipods its recomended not to run with it.
So i got the ipod shuffle. Alot more robust.
Ideal for what i need. The ipod now stays at home and the shuffle for gym and traveling to and from work.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Tonys said:
I was gonna do the same, but where it has a hard drive like the normal ipods its recomended not to run with it.
So i got the ipod shuffle. Alot more robust.
Ideal for what i need. The ipod now stays at home and the shuffle for gym and traveling to and from work.

The nano uses flash as its storage, not a hd like its bigger brothers.

Most of the reports on the web are people moaning about it scratching (theres been a few smashed screens), that's a bit of a lame excuse for moaning - you put anything made of plastic into your pocket with coins and keys then it's going to get scratched.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
bought one for the missus, i put 'invisible sheild' on it, a clear plastic protective cover (used on helicopter screens apparently) do a google search, its about £15. works a treat.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just been and got one in my lunch hour from the Apple shop. Bloody geeks paradise in there. No sign of Clart though.;)

I've got some of that film at home as I used it on my camera screen.

Lee

BMW M2C
4gb nano in white.

I had to leave the shop before I started buying other stylish looking stuff.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
hehehe

I got myself a 4gb Black...... cudnt resist after they said oooh you get student discount ehehehe !!!

Im liking mine :)

Lots of features in a small unit, need to get a case tho!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I did get the gay armband, but then I'll only wear that when training. That's when I usually drop it the most.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
hehehehe !!

Yer thats the only thing they had left when i was there.

Cases just seem to fly out the door from the store.... so will need to have a peek elsewhere.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Lee said:
Just been and got one in my lunch hour from the Apple shop. Bloody geeks paradise in there. No sign of Clart though.;)

I've got some of that film at home as I used it on my camera screen.

At least you get a better class of geek in there, than say, pc world. ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
sn00p said:
At least you get a better class of geek in there, than say, pc world. ;)

I'm not so sure, the place was absolutely packed, but most people were just playing with all the stuff in there, only 3 people were actually buying anything, and I was one of them.

I've had my nano (white 4gb) for about 6 weeks now! love it to bits! Need a case for it though as there is a few scratches on it!

Good stuff Lee - enjoy!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
it will cope with drops especially in a case but even being well well carefull with it and only waiting 2 weeks to get a screen protecter and in a ipod offical case, its already COVERED in small scratches (only can be seen in the light at an angle but they're still there). i'd recommend not using it till it's fully suited up actually! however as i said bump wise they're fine. i have an armband thing which is what i use when i'm at the gym since they don't come with a belt clip or anything..

i've had my iskin duo case arrive today, just fitted it! my nano is now bullet proof with two cases on! hehe

Revels Mum & Sister
I use mine in the gym without a case or anything

Is a bit scratched. Nothing that some brasso and plastic polish dont sort out.

I drop mine all the time. Not fussed about keeping it pristine to be honest its my work horse. The 60Gb Video iPod gets protected though

Lee

BMW M2C
Used it this morning with my gay armband. Worked perfectly though I wish I could wear it around my wrist rather than half way up my arm.