ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Nano 4th gen car connection

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi All,

Its not often you cant find what you want online. But this has got me stumped.

I bought an Apple iPod nano for my gf at christmas, with a look to getting it installed into her car.

I wanted to get her a cradle for it that would charge and link to the car stereo on the AUX.

I cant find a single thing for the 4th gen nano... has anyone ever managed to find anything?

Regards Reggie

BMW 330ci Clubsport
You wont find anything to charge it through the AUX. Best thing to do is get an after market stereo with USB input as it will (most likely) charge it as well

Clio Sport 172 02
I mean a docking station that will charge it with seperate cable for power and one for aux... obviously the AUX wont charge it.... :rolleyes:

Porsche Boxster987S
not found one to charge mine but got this to link it to the stereo. Hidden the cables now

S1050328.jpg

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Ive got an alpine headunit with the alpine ipod cable and it doesnt charge it. Even my charger at home didnt work i had to buy a new one.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got i pioneer head unit and that charges my i pod

Clio Sport 172 02
To update :

I purchased this to solve my problem :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=230296657480

And then purchased this to get my charge :
http://www.scoschedirect.co.uk/?gclid=CNeo14rr0ZgCFUiT3wodCEE61w

THe latest gen of all ipods only charge through USB, utilising different pins from the firewire/usb charge older versions. THe voltage ahs changed form anything up to 30v(through firewire) down to 5volts on usb. The above device regulates the voltage and allows old skool docking stations and other devices to continue to charge the new generation ipods.

Reg

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
im using a Alpine headunit that charges my ipod, and i can pick my songs through the headunit and browes the ipod through there so i dont have to keep picking up the ipod