ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod interface - pictures please

172 money pit
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting the passport / connects2 combo, so that I can hook my iPod up to the standard head unit.

I was just wondering if anyone's got pics of the finished installation and/or any tips on making it look as stock as possible.

Thanks

Chris

Mine is tucked inside the dash, out of site (Connects2). If you have the i-pod touch you will need a voltage converter for it to charge.

172 money pit
Yeah, that's cool.

I was going to use my iPod 4g, which is kinda redundant now I use my iPhone as a portable player. Matt from MT has been very patient explaining what bit's and bobs I need.

My main concern now is fitting it. The iPod's probably going to live in the car, so I'd rather have it in the glove box than in view, so that I don't have to unplg / hide it everytime I get out of the car.

I was thinking about mounting the connects2 on the back of the glove box or on the underside of the dash in that general area, and then ideally mounting a socket onto the side of the glovebox, so that the connects2 cable plugs in there.

That way, when you take it all out (to sell the car for example) it's all neat & tidy.

Anyone done anything like that before?

Chris

On my 197 there is a hole on the r/h/s of the glovebox that feeds to the stereo cavity. There is just room to push the connects2 inside and it just leaves the connector lead trailing into the glovebox.

I've got a sony ipod adapter box fitted onto and alarm box up behind the glovebox. The plastic rectangular bit at the back of the glovebox has been popped off and a small hole drilled with a slit leading down to it so just enough wire can be pulled through and the rest cable tied up behind the glovebox.