ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod connection problems solved

Have just bought an adaptor that allows you to connect any mp3/ minidisc/CD player to the standard Renault head unit. It plugs into the autochanger socket in the back of the stereo. And connects to the headphone jack on the player. Not fitted it yet but hoping it will be good. Cost £55 sounds expensive, but much cheaper than buying a new ipod compatible unit. Check out http://www.connects2.comwww.connects2.com it is an AUX in adaptor.

This cannot be used in addition to a multichanger - it replaces it.

Andy

Silver 182 F/F

Let us know what it sounds loke when you get it fitted,was goining to go down the complete alpine set up but talked my self out of it due to the expense and that i swap my car every two years so this could be a good alternative.cheers

Fitted it at the weekend, very happy with it . As expected, it tricks the head unit into thinking there ia a multichanger connected so sound quality is as good as it gets from MP3 or Somy Atrac in my case. The 3.5mm jack to RCA leads is not included.

Fitting is simple, pulled out the head unit, drilled a hole in the side of the glovebox to pass the wire through to it. Then taped the silver box to the inside of the glovebox with some heavy duty doublesided tape. Plugged in the connectors and then pushed the head unit back in. the lead to the ipod can either go out of the hole in the back of the glovebox or trapped between the glovebox lid and the dash.