ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Bulls**t

Yaris Hybrid
Ok my new iPod Nano arrived.

I have imported my tunes into itunes - some of which I got years ago via file sharing, some I got from ripping CD's and others that I legitimately purchased via iTunes on this very PC and some of them I actually purchased today.

When I go to sync my ipod it reports that about 20 songs can't be copied because I am not authorised to play them on this computer. Yet most of them are the fecking ones I purchased on itunes and a number I bought today!!!!!

Any ideas?!?!

VaVa
iTunes is s**t. They'll be a 100 Apple lovers who'll tell you otherwise on here in a flash, but in my experience it's pretty poor. Lots of niggly little things.

Works better on a mac if that's any consolation ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah it is f**king ghey. they get the hump when you move songs form one computer to another.... majorly shite.

Yaris Hybrid
Ok

ALL of the songs that refuse to transfer are FULLY LEGAL PURCHASES FROM ITUNES.

Also they were all purchased on THIS COMPUTER. I have not restored, formatted or done anything to this computer since I downloaded them. Some I purchased and downloaded 30 minutes ago!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piracy FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah but how the hell am I going to get my legally purchased songs from today on to my iPod!!!

I am not burning them to CD and then ripping them off again cos I'd lose quality. That was why I bought a feckin iPod in the first place and not another brand! What a load of sh*t! The PS3 of MP3 players!

The amount of people that w**k over these products amazes me utter shite they are. Sorry I have no advice as when my ipod broke i threw it away.

Yaris Hybrid
Ok right.

It never told me to do this (iPod has barely any instructions) but a web search revealed all.

I had to authorise the computer via a thing in the itunes menu. (thanks for telling me Apple - w*nkers)

Did that and transferred the songs. Says I have authorised one computer out of 5. WHat happens in a few years time when I have authorised 5 computers and get a new one?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
on pc use anapod explorer

on mac use itunes simple as... pc itunes wound me up so much... on mac it works perfectly :) sorry

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
when you authorize 5 out of 5, you get to reset it. ive done it before. you dont loose your songs, they will still work, but if you have them on any other computer, they wont work unless you re-authorise them.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i hate it when you format your computer, reload it and it says you've used 2 out of 5 when its exactly the same machine just rebuilt!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well in which case you should have de-authorised before format.

All i see is user error! All the apple haters seem to be thickos who cant use iTunes correctly.

Best thing to do is just download them illegally!

Ipods are probably the best and most used music player in the world.

Best because you can easily connect it to your car stereo, computer and every other media device, they come in every size and colour and you can watch movies on them, play games, listen to music and lots of other things.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah it was user error but then there were absolutely no instructions. I had no idea I had to authorise anything. It wasn't explained. The iPod has no instructions at all to speak of.

It is a very good device now I have some half decent headphones. I like the itunes shop as well as it makes it very easy to get songs and stick them on the device.

When plugging into my Aygo I have to have the volume on the iPod maxed out and turn the car volume up far far higher than I would for CD's and Radio so that is no so impressive. Don't think I will use it in the car to be honest as it wasn't very good.

With the iPod headphones you need the volume nearly maxed out but with the CX300's I run it about half way and it is plenty loud enough.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The aux input is a bit crap on the aygo.

Try one of these

35508.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
as said when you purchase music there is no info with regards to authorising/de-authorising.

Better than yours. C*nt.
You have to authorise your computer. It's part of making sure you don't buy it and give it to your mates, which is fair enough IMO and iTunes store tops any WM protected content...

ValverInBits
can you not authorise the computer? double click one of the songs that it wont let you transfer and enter your user/password.

Nearly always works for me.
I use a few tricks to convert all my itunes M4P to MP3 files to avoid this

Yaris Hybrid
You have to authorise your computer. It's part of making sure you don't buy it and give it to your mates, which is fair enough IMO and iTunes store tops any WM protected content...

Aye but then if I was that way inclined I'd just download it from Limewire and give it to me mates!

Or my mates can download it themselves! I see little point in having copy protection on paid for files!

With regards to the cable to connect to the Aygo. If I use that instead of the lead with a headphone jack on each end are there any other issues?

A kiddie at work said it disables the iPod controls or something and it is then controlled by the car stereo but only on certain stereos. I have no idea if that is BS or not as I haven't tried it? I assume it just works the same as before only louder?