ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPlayer/ITV Player App for XBOX 360?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
As title... apologies if it had been discussed before, but will one be released anytime soon for the dashboard??

:)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
iplayer is being released soon, no idea when though. I thought it was early 2012.

Never above 25mpg
iPlayer is b****cks in comparison to 4OD imo! Yes, there are things I'd watch on there but only 1 or 2 or maybe even 7 episodes of a programme when there are entire series out there!

Think 4OD has certainly spoilt the choice on viewing with so many series and episodes within them.

320d M Sport
Yes iplayer is ok. What's with the YouTube app though? It doesn't list your favourites..?! Seems like a big omission.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Enjoying the Iplayer app, missed the apprentice and caught it late on. Superb.

320d M Sport
Yea fully signed in. What you have to do is save your favourites to a playlist on you tube. YouTube doesn't automatically do this and the Xbox app won't show your favourites otherwise.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Fired up my 360 for the first time in about a year and a half last night to have a look at this. Seems quite good. Might sign up to XBL again.

All of the content being released on Xbox has made me cancel my multi room subscription.

With all of the live channels you get via Sky on Xbox, as well as the heaps of on demand content available from them and others such as 4OD and iPlayer, it seems stupid to pay out for multi room now.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
iplayer seems like the best version on xbox. I've watched a few things on HD and not once has it dropped out or buffered. Very impressed!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
All of the content being released on Xbox has made me cancel my multi room subscription.

With all of the live channels you get via Sky on Xbox, as well as the heaps of on demand content available from them and others such as 4OD and iPlayer, it seems stupid to pay out for multi room now.

Ditto

The XBox 360 is now so much more than just a games console now, if only it did bluray as well I'd sack off my PS3 too

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Sell the Ps3 and buy a Sony Blu Ray for £120, I did!

pointless though, it's an older 'fat' 80gb one, so probably worth less, does a lot more than just a bluray player and the PS3 does 3D bluray as well, so a far superior machine

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
how much is an 80gb 'fat' PS3 worth though?

if it was a lot more then worth doing, but I doubt it TBH

also moving house this year, so will have the XBox & PS3 in separate rooms, so probably keep it TBH

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
might look into that then...

got a model number for that £120 Sony bluray player that does iPlayer, etc?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Depends on what model you have to what it will be worth, the 80gb model isn't worth much afaik, it's all about the launch model 60gb one with hardware based ps2 backwards compatibility. Then the next model had some sort of software emulation which didn't support as many games and then they removed it with the 80gb model.

Checkout your model on this wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

For the Sony bluray, you can get one for £70 that does iplayer etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005H5VJKS/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I know all about the PS3 model range, mine is an 80gb CECHK03 model, hence why I don't think it is worth that much these days

that £70-ish one you linked to won't play 3D blurays, so a downgrade over a PS3

it rarely gets used as a games console these days, but it does get used as a bluray player & media centre, so not likely to swap it TBH

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
yeah, no point swapping really, but that is damn cheap for what you get