ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone unlocking stuff

Two 0 Shitx
Ok, i've been offered a straight swap for my BB 9700 Bold for a 16GB 3GS iPhone which is what i wanted. It's on 3.1.3 firmware and i was looking forward to jailbreaking it but can live without. I don't really know much about phones but will i have any problem sending it to be unlocked then chucking my sim card in it with no problems. The guy swaaping it with me is a decent bloke but im just scared of swapping a £400 phone then not being able to get it unlocked or something and im stuck. Any advice please?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Don't buy it unless you are sure it can be unlocked.

If its a 3.1.3 you can't hack it to be unlocked (unless it has met a certain criteria, which i doubt if its been upgraded to 3.1.3)

If its an O2 phone you could ask the previous owner to unlock it on your behalf.

Two 0 Shitx
Cheers Tom, didn't want to rush into anything so I've told him i'll have it if he gets it unlocked.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That seems really nice that O2 would do it tbh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Help'd me out no end.

Now i can sell my factory unlocked 3GS for £££