ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone text receiving delay

I'm new to the apple world but this is starting to bug me.

If someone sends me a text when I have no signal, when I get signal again it takes ages for it to come through, couple of hours maybe. If I receive another text it seems to 'bump' the other and I receive that one.

Is this a phone issue, or a network issue? I'm on O2 running a 3GS with 5.0.1 on it.

Any help much appreciated.

RS6 C7
My 3gs on o2 has a massive delay, Exactly the same as you, if i have no signal then gain signal it can take hours for a text the appear.

RIP Dan
It depends on your network providesr retry profile on sms platform, some of them are s**t.

Lets say I send you a text, you are out of coverage or phone off. The network will see you are absent and try again 30 seconds later, then again 1 minute later, then again x minutes later, then this is the annoying part.. 4 hours later then it doesnt bother again for 24 hours or deletes the message as undeliverable.

It can be changed but it takes ALOT of complaining. Depends on your provider tbh.

Interesting, Cotball is in the same location as me near enough and has similar issues.

Tom, they are green. Don't think it happens with iMessenger.

It usually happens when I've been in the gym a hour or two, so could be a network thing as bully says. Is it worth complaining or should I just live with it?

RIP Dan
Complain, both on O2? in same area? It won't cost you anything and if they get enough moans they *might* change it. Probably not though.