ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone suddenly had a heart attack?

Ph1 Non Sport
Hi guys I've had a quick search but found nothing,

My iPhone 4 (around a year old now) has literally just stopped functioning.

It was in my pocket with full battery... around 20 minutes later I take it out my pocket to check time and its switched off.
I've tried turning it back on and had no luck and its been plugged in to the charger for around half an hour now and had no luck.

it has literally died on me in the space of 20 minutes. What the F**k has happened?

really need help on this guys so any info would be appreciated!

:(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No don't do that. Hold both buttons down for several seconds to do a soft-reset

Really? The batteries just died, albeit quickly - wouldn't have thought it needed a reset..

But I know nuffink.

Ive done the same with mine a couple of times (usually on my shitbox 3G though tbh) and that was reet

Ph1 Non Sport
Tom your a genius thankyou (ok maybe I'm just a special ;) )

It finally booted back up on my second attempt of holding both buttons for a while. My battery had just been charged so must have just froze or something- bloody scared me though!

As this is the first time it's happened does it mean its going to do it more often now or was it completely random? If that makes sense?

Ph1 Non Sport
Ok cheers. Sorry for the stupid questions it's just the first time its happened and just wanted to know if it's a sign of a fault occurring.

Thanks once again :) have a good day while I go home and sleep. As you can tell it's been a long night.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You're not alone, I too have had my iPhone do this 3 times now. I don't know what causes the handset to do it is but the fix is simple enough. As someone already mentioned I plugged the phone in to the mains charger and held the home button and the lock screen button for a few seconds. The handset turned back on and happy days.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You should really cycle power regularly anyway, its a computer at the end of the day.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Define cycle power?

Now I have wireless sync my iPhone is barely ever plugged in to my laptop. Mains charge is better for the battery