ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Repair

Titanium 182
Hi, I've just managed to acquire 3 iPhones (different models) for a bargain. Only issues with all 3 is broken screens, I want to repair these myself and resell but I'm unsure where to buy the parts from. I was going to order off eBay until I read so many reviews saying that they're utter trash lol

Does anyone have any recommendations from where I can source these screens?

Thanks!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My manager bought a new screen off eBay... colour is well off, looks like it's been stained with a layer of semen.

Titanium 182
My manager bought a new screen off eBay... colour is well off, looks like it's been stained with a layer of semen.
I phoned a local repair shop yesterday and they told me to avoid the eBay ones at all cost. It's quite hit and miss apparently, which is pretty evident in the feedback! I took a look on eBay to find some more cracked screen phones to hopefully repair and sell but after spending £30-40 on a new screen and digitizer you're talking about £10 profit is all! I'll stick to these three...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I phoned a local repair shop yesterday and they told me to avoid the eBay ones at all cost. It's quite hit and miss apparently, which is pretty evident in the feedback! I took a look on eBay to find some more cracked screen phones to hopefully repair and sell but after spending £30-40 on a new screen and digitizer you're talking about £10 profit is all! I'll stick to these three...

They would say that...

And at the prices of eBay ones, people will buy and neg the competition to put doubt in people's minds.. Research and buy what you feel is right, take everyone's slagging off with a pinch of salt.. I've mended all my iPhone breaks with buys from eBay, never had one issue..

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is there anywhere you can buy genuine batteries? Can never tell with the ones off eBay.

Titanium 182
They would say that...

And at the prices of eBay ones, people will buy and neg the competition to put doubt in people's minds.. Research and buy what you feel is right, take everyone's slagging off with a pinch of salt.. I've mended all my iPhone breaks with buys from eBay, never had one issue..
Could you perhaps PM me or link me to a seller you trust? The first phone I'll be sorting is a 4s

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Could you perhaps PM me or link me to a seller you trust? The first phone I'll be sorting is a 4s

Ive not smashed my iPhone 6 yet so without trolling my eBay I wouldn't be able to say..

I just google it, find a forum with a trusted link of someone whose repaired one this week and buy it.